FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: DELETED
Goto page Previous  1, 2
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Chad McFly schreef:
I see Dale Weighill at City of Flint Council meetings on a regular basis.

The Flint Historic District Commission hosted a Clean Up on Third Ave. in Historic Carriage Town last August. The only politican, or public official that came to the event. He spent like 4 hours doing hard labor, cleaning up stuff and helping others.

I say we need more of that in Flint... People who just don't talk, but also get their hands dirty!!

Post Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:15 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
philanthropiclady

yes, dale was the only one Ryan, he also has volunteered on many other community clean up programs.
Post Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:50 pm 
brian

I finally just got around to watching this show ( the laundry room) with dale weighill..... i thought it was great...very good answers. this guy knows his stuff. how can i sign his petition?
Post Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:57 pm 
lunchlady
F L I N T O I D

Go to Good Beans tomorrow @ 5pm to meet him and sign the petition.
Post Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:14 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Adam
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Ryan Eashoo schreef:

The Flint Historic District Commission hosted a Clean Up on Third Ave. in Historic Carriage Town last August. The only politican, or public official that came to the event. He spent like 4 hours doing hard labor, cleaning up stuff and helping others.

I say we need more of that in Flint... People who just don't talk, but also get their hands dirty!!

I support cleanups but don't understand why we can't put some of our many homeless people to work doing projects like this? Also why can't we have inmates from the county jail do more cleanups? I'll try and make some cleanups next year but its frustrating for me that places like Grand Blanc, Davison etc don't have any cleanups and look really nice.
On another note this town is very fragmented so a lot of people don't even here about the cleanups. I think Daryl Buchanan attended a cleanup and one or two other council people. I know because I heard about it after the cleanup was already done.
Post Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:13 pm 
mark thompson
F L I N T O I D

Thanks Ryan for pointing out that Dale Weighill did help out with the clean up .. those are the important things that should be brought to light about someone when they're running for office. Im impressed with Dale.
Post Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:55 am 
shari

hmmm.. id like to hear more about this dale weighill ? is there a website ? i think anyone but williamson would be an improvement.
Post Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:18 pm 
Ron

Check out Dale's campaign site at www.aNewFlint.org
Post Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:58 pm 
tom

Great clip !!!
Post Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:58 pm 
mark

You guys have to go to this link and read this speach dale gave to the youth on leadership day in flint... especially the last two paragraphs. trust me!! very awesome.

http://www.anewflint.org/blog/blogDetail.asp?ID=8
Post Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:48 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: