FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Do You Want To Save Manning Court?

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Flint Stone

We need people willing to write letters to the Flint Journal, Talk Back, Flint Cultural Center and the dumb ass Historic Commissioners that voted to tear those houses down. ( the good ones voting to save them are Nancy Sinclair, Leanne Barkus and Ryan Eashoo)

We also need help with promotional things such as: yard signs, ads in papers, magazines and on the web.

We also need to help set up a Rally to voice of conern and unhappiness.
( woudl you be interested in protesting? Carrying a sign? PLEASE??)

WE also need MONEY, for attorneys, signs, banners, ads etc.

Can you help us pass out flyers? Can you get petitions signed by neighbors and friends?

Can you write to the journal?

Could you help monitor the parking lots at the cultural center to see if the parking is really needed?

Could you help sway donors away from supporting the cultural center until they are responsible for our history?

Why won't the laundry room guys attend the next historic district commission meeting? Why not pack the place? Will you fellow flinttoids come to the meeting and .. about this? Commissioners Jim Rutherford, Dale Suomela, Steve Heddy and Mildred Smith need to hear your concerns.

This issue isn't dead until the wrecking ball swings. The Genesee County Historical Society and one of the only privately owned homes on Manning Court is suing. This is now being heard in Circuit Court.

Please respond in this thread if you can help, will help etc?

or e mail us SAVEMANNINGCOURT@aol.com

HELP SAVE FLINT'S HISTORY....
Post Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:02 am 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Wow.. Looks like people are lining up with help and money!! Looks like most people in Flint don't care about this issue?? Am I wrong?

Post Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:42 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Ryan Eashoo schreef:
Wow.. Looks like people are lining up with help and money!! Looks like most people in Flint don't care about this issue?? Am I wrong?
Therese McDonnell and Genesee Co Historical Society vs. Flint Historic District Commission and Flint Cultural Center Corp. It looks like plaintiffs have already made the decision have the court decide the issue.

You're looking for donations to an individual non-Michigan resident (who is supposedly one of six siblings who inherited a "historical" house from their mother's trust), and a defunct corporation? Maybe the other five siblings who also live out of state would like to support the cause. How much have they contributed? Sorry, Ryan, I'm strapped just paying for my own Blue Cross, other people's health care in my property taxes, and for the house I live in.
Post Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:39 am 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

quote:
00SL2 schreef:
quote:
Ryan Eashoo schreef:
Therese McDonnell and Genesee Co Historical Society vs. Flint Historic District Commission and Flint Cultural Center Corp. It looks like plaintiffs have already made the decision have the court decide the issue.

You're looking for donations to an individual non-Michigan resident (who is supposedly one of six siblings who inherited a "historical" house from their mother's trust), and a defunct corporation? Maybe the other five siblings who also live out of state would like to support the cause. How much have they contributed? Sorry, Ryan, I'm strapped just paying for my own Blue Cross, other people's health care in my property taxes, and for the house I live in.

I totally understand, and appreciate your interest.
Its tough times for people right now... However, if you
could send a letter to the Flint Journal or call the FCCC to
voice your opinion that would be apprecaited just as much!

Post Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:53 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: