FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Flint comprehensive road to the future plan Dec 04 2001
Goto page Previous  1, 2
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Josh Freeman
F L I N T O I D

So then, what is the solution... if the Mayor refuses to officially appoint a Police Chief for nearly 3 years, what should happen. He as an interim Police Chief, but isn't an interim Police Chief still an appointment? If it is, as I believe, doesn't the Council, according to the Charter, have to approve the appointment?

The Mayor has refused to make the appointment. So should the Council just sit back and say oh well maybe he'll do it next week. What are the implications for the future. Think big picture, beyond this Mayor and City Council. What if the next Mayor says, I'm not going to submit my person for approval when they hire a City Administrator or Fire Chief. If they can ignore this section of the Charter, what about other sections?
Post Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:34 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: