FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Gov Granholm Talks Jobs in Flint

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

Granholm unveiled a plan to invest $400 million dollars in four specialty areas. Those areas are life sciences, alternative energy, advanced manufacturing and homeland security and defense. She says developing those areas will bring jobs to Michigan today and well in to the future, "we want to be a state, the most competitive, most magnetic state in the country...we don't want our young people leaving and going to other states we want those young entrepreneurs to be right here, we want to put Michigan on the map and to say in the 21st century...if you want to start a business...if you want to grow a business this is the place to be." Granholm hopes her plan will create tens of thousands of jobs. Wednesday's Kettering conference is one of 13 she will conduct this month.

http://www.weyi.com/news/local/2217747.html
Post Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:35 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Adam Ford

I hate to criticize but I would have focused more on small business loans. I think people and businesses should decide what businesses we need and not our government.
Post Fri Jan 20, 2006 4:07 pm 
Wittgenstein's Poker

You are right on the money Adam. Let the free market decide what businesses are going to be those of the "21st century." Sometimes I wonder if Granholm is throwing decision darts at a "future industries of America" dartboard.
Post Thu Jan 26, 2006 4:52 pm 
Adam Ford

Who are you? You sound like a Republican or something??? It is a little scary though when it is our government that decides which direction business in this state should go in. I hope she's right though for our sake. I hear she's investing in alternative energy. It seems to me like the oil companies might have some say if that takes off just like the drug companies also have a say in Congress.
Post Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:28 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

http://www.mackinawcity.org/wtg.htm
Only they are not a publicly traded company or I'd be buying stock in these guys. I checked out the people running this company. They are all former politicians. LOL Seems they got some inside information on funding to create this project. I believe it is another exaple of Government officals taking advantage of their positionis in Government to build thier personal pocket books.
Small business loans is a great idea. Rather than throwing our money at big business so they can pay people next to nothing to make millioins off their labor. Have you ever tried to get a small business loan. It's not that difficult. If you already have a good running business. But next to impossible to get money to start a business, unless you can qualify for specail women or minorty programs.
This Wittgenstein's Poker fellow, seems to be more of an independant thinker. His veiws don't seem to be slanted right or left. I do prefer the way we post on here though. Putting our money where our mouth is. Letting people know exactly who we are.
Post Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:40 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: