FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Mortgage fraud MIchigan
Goto page Previous  1, 2
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

The Court: Are you pleading guilty freely and voluntarily to Count One because you are guilty and it is your choice to plead guilty?
The Defendant: Yes.
The Court: Mr. Dover, what is it that you did which makes you believe that you are guilty under Count One of the First Superseding Indictment of bank fraud conspiracy?
The Defendant: I guess I would have to say I organized the plan, put everything together.
The Court: Tell me what you did. We're in no rush. Tell me what you did.
The Defendant: Like as far as — as far as, like, with my brother, Richard Townsend, I instructed Richard —
The Court: You said you organized and planned the whole thing, the whole conspiracy.
Well, tell me how you organized the conspiracy and what you did or what the conspiracy did.
The Defendant: We put together a straw buyer or buyers to buy real estate property. And put their financials together and submitted them to the mortgage company for their approval. And I mean — that's enough.
The Court: And did you intend to defraud these mortgage companies?
The Defendant: Well, from my understanding, whenever you buy real estate with fraudulent documentation, you are defrauding those companies.
The Court: Maybe I missed something.
Are you telling me your organization, your conspiracy, that you submitted fraudulent documentation to obtain mortgages for certain properties; is that correct?
The Defendant: Exactly.
The Court: You used straw men.
The Defendant: Exactly.
The Court: What properties were involved? At what banks or institutions were involved?
The Defendant: Washington Mutual, Comerica, Fifth Third Bank. E-Loans, Encore Mortgage, that's about those are the ones that come to mind.
(Doc. No. 174: Guilty Plea 12/4/09 TR. at 29-31)
Post Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:10 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

DF]COA 291028 DANIEL C JOHNS V JAMES T DOVER III Opinion - Per ...
publicdocs.courts.mi.gov:81/opinions/.../20100708_C291028_57_291028.OPN.PDF
Jul 8, 2010 - OWENS and DONALD DOVER,. Third-Party Defendants. Before: ZAHRA, P.J., and CAVANAGH and FITZGERALD, JJ. PER CURIAM

DANIEL C JOHNS V JAMES T DOVER III :: 2010 :: Michigan Court of ...
https://law.justia.com/cases/michigan/.../20100708-c291028-57-291028-opn.html
DANIEL C JOHNS V JAMES T DOVER III. ... DANIEL C JOHNS V JAMES T DOVER III. Annotate this
Post Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:02 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

COA 291028
July 8,2010

Daniel C Johns
V
James T Dover III
Dover Inc of Flint
William Jackson
Helen Jackson
Blue Sky Title Agency LLC
& JP Morgan Chase Bank NA
Intervening Defendant/ Cross Defendant
Third Party Plaintiff Appellee
& Third Party Defendants
Gregory Wilson
Sandra Wilson
Ruby Owen
Donald Dover
Auto Owners Insurance Company
Post Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:23 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Page 3
The Jacksons obtained title through a forged title. Chase Bank never authorized discharge and the person signing of, Pat Bolden, never worked for Chase at any time. The principle $2,275,000 is still owed to Chase.
A recorded ford mortgage document does not allow a subsequent mortgage to have first in line mortgages.
Post Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:29 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

The opinion noted that it is pervasive in Michigan case law that a good faith purchaser is not afforded any protection when a forged document is used to acquire property interests.

The forged deed to Dover Inc. in 2006 was to pay off MX Realco Construction lien. The lien was recorded on August 23, 2006, later than 90 days from when the last improvements where made on May 1, 2006.

The Jacksons had no property interests and the Jacksons gave loans o both Chase and E-loans

James Dover was in a federal prison .
Post Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:45 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: