FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Flint Police leaving ? 108 left!
Goto page Previous  1, 2
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

. Flint Police along with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives conducted the raid as part of Operation: Maximum Effort

At least ATF values working with the Flint Police!
Post Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:33 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

josh

This is the first article I read in the Journal this morning and it I was glad that it was. This city is crawling with criminals and if there was a fund to donate to Crime Stoppers, I would GLADLY donate $5.00 a week out of my paycheck to get some of these people off of the streets. I'm sure there would be other people who live here that would donate funds to try and get the low life removed from our streets. I could imagine how much the neighborhood associations, churches, and other organizations would also try to collect and help fund a tool like Crime Stoppers so that we can live in a city where we would feel safe in. I'd also ask Michael Moore for a big donation considering he made a boat load of money trashing our city. He donates funds for the arts. I think curbing crime is more important than art. We have enough art here now made with spray cans.

Amanda Emery | aemery@mlive.com

@josh the community can reach out to support Crime Stoppers at their website 1800speakup.org. Companies or individuals that are interested in becoming members and contribute larger/annual donations can contact the Genesee County Director Julie Lopez directly at 810-237-6816.

Amanda Emery | aemery@mlive.com

This is a story I wrote previously on how the tip process works for Crime Stoppers.

http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/index.ssf/2014/06/crime_stoppers_keeps_callers_a.html
Post Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:39 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Fire engulfs home on Flint's north side

Fire destroys two story home in Flint

A two story home in the 100 block of Wood Street, between King Avenue and Garland Street, in Flint was destroyed Sunday, Sept. 21 following a large fire. No one was home at the time of the fire.

Roberto Acosta | racosta1@mlive.com By Roberto Acosta | racosta1@mlive.com
on September 21, 2014 at 4:04 PM, updated September 21, 2014 at 4:05 PM

FLINT, MI -- A two story home was destroyed Sunday, Sept. 21 after fire gutted the Wood Street residence in Flint.

Flint Fire Battalion Chief Shawn Borowicz said the fire call went out at 2:30 p.m. and when firefighters arrived they attempted to make an entrance into the home in the 100 block of Wood, between King Avenue and Garland Street.

"We tried to make an offensive, an interior attack," he said. We got in 15 feet and the floor was gone."

Around one dozen firefighters at the scene then went defensive on the fire, setting up a water curtain near the side of the home to try and stop the flames from spreading to a home next door.

No one was inside the home at the time of the fire, Borowicz said. A cause of the fire was not immediately available at the scene.

(note: the journal has photos and a video on their website. )

Last edited by untanglingwebs on Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:12 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Blue407

Hmm lets see, police get a complaint about this house. Police raid this house and arrest mine people. Guns and drugs are seized. The house burns down. Sounds like the neighborhood didn't want these neighbors coming back home. 113 west Wood street

Blue407

Correction , "Nine People."
Post Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:15 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: