FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Rob Coffman has been FIRED!!

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
watchdog66
F L I N T O I D

This is from Ken Raymond, Chair of the 3 member board that oversees Rob Coffman and the board of elections staff:

Rob Coffman has been fired. This is the final paragraph in the response to our petition from State Director of Elections Kim Strach: "The public must be able to trust election officials in providing accurate election results. Accurate election outcomes are the most important duty of a Director of Elections. Director Coffman’s conduct regarding the Tobaccoville recount, his apparent disregard for ensuring an accurate result, and his failure to provide complete and truthful responses in his reply to the petition are unacceptable for a person in this position of public trust. Based on these actions, I am not confident that Director Coffman can fulfill his obligation to the voters of Forsyth County to provide fair and accurate elections. Therefore, with the deepest regret, I have no other option but to terminate Robert Coffman as the Director of the Forsyth County Board of Elections."
Post Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:53 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Congratulations Watchdog66! You have worked hard to make this happen.
Post Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:24 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

After reading this decision, I am surprised he was not fired sooner. Although the county employees did not fall under the whistleblower lawsuit, I am surprised the credit card misuse allegations and other allegations were not more vigorously pursued by the body overseeing the elections.

North NO. COA12-1339 NORTH CAROLINA COURT OF APPEALS Filed ... http://www.aoc.state.nc.us/www/public/html/AR/CourtAppeals/2013/21_May_2013/12-1339.pdf - - Cached - Similar pages May 21, 2013 ... July 2006, at which time Robert Coffman (Coffman) was hired as the
Post Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:30 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: