FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: The Dale Weighill thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

quote:

Well, I don't know about all that, but I'll put up with him until next August... then he has got to go..... I can't wait for the campaigns to get in full swing... 2007 is going to be fun....

It Sure is!
Post Sun Dec 24, 2006 4:22 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Adam
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Josh Freeman schreef:

I can't wait for the campaigns to get in full swing... 2007 is going to be fun....

I've heard lit drops are already being done by Weighill all over town.
Post Sun Dec 24, 2006 4:46 pm 
ag hedberg

the best run for mayor ill ever see in flint i bet.
the next 2 years determine if i stay or go.
Post Sun Dec 24, 2006 4:47 pm 
Josh Freeman
F L I N T O I D

quote:
ag hedberg schreef:
the best run for mayor ill ever see in flint i bet.
the next 2 years determine if i stay or go.

That's for sure.....Next three determine it for me... I don't think that we can continue to stay the course and expect folks to want to remain in Flint....
Post Sun Dec 24, 2006 4:58 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

quote:
That's for sure.....Next three determine it for me... I don't think that we can continue to stay the course and expect folks to want to remain in Flint....

You know, I can't blame you for wanting to leave! This Mayor's war on Crime is nothing but smoke and mirrors and his policy is proven on the results. Over 30 percent increase in Crime in less than three Years! His continued hiring of more and more officers with crime continuing to go up and up! His refusal to want to let Flint grow, by building new homes, and encouraging business. It shouldn't matter if they are willing to buy off the Mayor in order to bring homes or businesses to Flint! They shouldn't have to! The Mayor should be bending over backwards to help these people wanting to come to Flint instead of ridiculing those wanting to come to Flint. Unless of course they are willing to pay him 189,000 to build homes or move into the city! That’s just plain outrageous!
Post Sun Dec 24, 2006 5:34 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Adam
F L I N T O I D

There's also the jobs issue Ted. To be fair there's also many other cities in Michigan with no jobs. I think homebuilding has just about ground to a halt across Genesee County. Even if we cut crime 100% we'd still have no jobs, very high taxes, a crumbling infrastructers, horrible schools bad parks etc. We're in the hardest hit city in what could be the hardest hit county in the only non hurricane state to consistently loose jobs in the nation.
Post Sun Dec 24, 2006 7:25 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

People think Iraq is in need of rebuilding, why are the Republicans,some Democrats and 1 independent not helping rebuild places in America like Flint Michigan?

Post Sun Dec 24, 2006 10:01 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

quote:
People think Iraq is in need of rebuilding, why are the Republicans,some Democrats and 1 independent not helping rebuild places in America like Flint Michigan?

Well It appears Ryan is catching up quick!

You've hit the nail on the head!

Adam, No Business will come to a community that makes it difficult to do business there. High Crime creates high Start up costs. We need to start somewhere. The most logical staritng point is Lowering Crime. Then Make our education system better! (WORK).

With Low crime and education We can create our own jobs!
Post Sun Dec 24, 2006 10:53 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: