FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Flint says it will collect more than $80,000 from council
Goto page Previous  1, 2
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
DownTown Dan

Yeah the funny thing about this is, we will spend 200,000 in court costs, employee's doing work, attorney costs, paper fees etc. Then we get $80,000 back.
Post Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:35 am 
Josh Freeman
F L I N T O I D

quote:
DownTown Dan schreef:
Yeah the funny thing about this is, we will spend 200,000 in court costs, employee's doing work, attorney costs, paper fees etc. Then we get $80,000 back.

I would be willing to bet that the costs will be far more than $200,000.00 in court costs... because these folks that owe the back pay are being represented by an attorney that the COF is going to have to pay for. They voted for the back pay as Councilpeople... they are indemnified... which means the City is on the hook for the legal fees... I bet the total costs will be well over $500,000.00 easy....
Post Tue Dec 19, 2006 6:17 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
Josh Freeman
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Marcos schreef:
and also we all have opinions, u, me... I belive they paid.

And that's what it is all about... diverse opinions coming together to work for a better Flint....
Post Tue Dec 19, 2006 6:19 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

quote:
drmikevsvc schreef:
BINGO!

I like pizza. But I am totally confused by your posts. I presume you were referring to the mother of all swear words. The one that Ralphie said when he was helping his dad change the flat tire. Sounded like "ohhhhfudge" but was more about "uck" with an "f" in front.

problem is dr mike, how do we know about those checkered pasts in time to consider & vote.

sometimes we don't find out in time. sometimes the info is contrived by the opposition to frighten people etc etc.

also, we have always been more than willing to forgive mistakes, especially if people repent, apologize and seem to have followed a new course.

Dicken's "A Christmas Story" is about the redemption of man, when Scrooge, in the end, sees the error of his ways.......maybe the ghosts of Christmas will visit the donald this Sunday!

Merry Christmas!

Post Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:04 am 
drmikevsvc
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Biggie9 schreef:
quote:
drmikevsvc schreef:
BINGO!

I like pizza. But I am totally confused by your posts. I presume you were referring to the mother of all swear words. The one that Ralphie said when he was helping his dad change the flat tire. Sounded like "ohhhhfudge" but was more about "pizza" with an "f" in front.

problem is dr mike, how do we know about those checkered pasts in time to consider & vote.

sometimes we don't find out in time. sometimes the info is contrived by the opposition to frighten people etc etc.

also, we have always been more than willing to forgive mistakes, especially if people repent, apologize and seem to have followed a new course.

Dicken's "A Christmas Story" is about the redemption of man, when Scrooge, in the end, sees the error of his ways.......maybe the ghosts of Christmas will visit the donald this Sunday!

Merry Christmas!

Biggie, Indeed, I was referring to the mother-of-all swear words. The only other word in the Enlish language that starts with an "F" and ends in "UCK" (other than Firetruck).

Speaking of Ralphie's Dad, did you know you can get that Fishnet stocking leg lamp on Ebay? Now there's a x-mas present!!!

Merry Christmas to you as well.
Post Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:26 am 
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

quote:
drmikevsvc schreef:

Biggie, Indeed, I was referring to the mother-of-all swear words. The only other word in the Enlish language that starts with an "F" and ends in "pizza" (other than Firetruck).

Speaking of Ralphie's Dad, did you know you can get that Fishnet stocking leg lamp on Ebay? Now there's a x-mas present!!!

Merry Christmas to you as well.

ahhhh I see know. Steve has a filter for the letters u c k in combination as well. I didn't know that until now. Does that mean Steve doesn't like pizza since he equates those letters to pizza? Anyway.....

Dr Mike, I have had one proudly displayed in my big picture window for about 2 years now [ok its the small one, not the full size one, but it lights up nice...electric sex on a small scale; you can light both/either the top bulb, or the stocking leg, which acts like a night lite]!

I wanted to go to the museum when it opened Thanksgiving weekend in Cleveland, they had several cast members there. Smart young man, that bought the house and made it into a museum.

You'll shoot your eye out kid...Ho Ho Ho.........[boot in face..gentle nudge]

Merry Christmas!! Lets all eat some Chinese turkey this holiday season.

Post Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:24 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: