FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Norman Bryant for Mayor of Flint, Michigan

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

Norman Bryant for Mayor of Flint, Michigan

Former member of the Flint Board of Education 1991 - 1997

President of the Flint Board of Education 1996 - 1997

Retired from CPC Flint Engine Plant with 31 years and 3 months service as a General Foreman of Production

Founder of the Greater Flint Afro-American Hall of Fame

Owns and operates Bryant’s Barbershop

Vice-Chairman of the Atwood Stadium Authority

Lifetime Resident of Flint

Member of Salem Lutheran Church for 40 years

Devoted husband, father and grandfather

http://www.normbryantformayor.com/

Post Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:13 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

Steve,
Thank goodness.

Someone without the intitials DW is running.

I was starting to think there was some sort of conspiracy out there, Don Williamson, Dayne Walling, Dale Weighill...what was next? Darnell Wallaby?

Dolores Wickershambleton? D'Adam WolFord?

whew..that was a close one.

Post Thu Dec 14, 2006 12:54 pm 
DELETED

DELETED

Post Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:10 pm 
John Wilson
F L I N T O I D

I too was laughing at the DW stuff. I know some people confuse Dayne with Dale and the two will have to try and figure out how to separate themselves.

I am looking at his site right now and will post a critique shortly. Biggie9, you're welcome to do one as well! Smile
Post Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:51 pm 
Voice of Reason

Also 5th Ward resident/Activist Derrick Walker is running. He has set up a temporary headquaters in his garage.
Post Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:22 pm 
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Voice of Reason schreef:
Also 5th Ward resident/Activist Derrick Walker is running. He has set up a temporary headquaters in his garage.

attached or detached garage?

Post Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:13 pm 
John Wilson
F L I N T O I D

ROFL Biggie9! Laughing
Post Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:46 pm 
Voice of Reason

Here's another topic where someone stole my screen name... I did not post to this topic.

Again, wont use the name again. I dont want some low down coyote stealing my name, claiming my thoughts, or using my name to spout nuthin but junk.
Post Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:46 pm 
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

Register the name!!

Post Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:54 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Josh Freeman
F L I N T O I D

I had heard that there is a women running as well, just can't remember her name right now though... supposedly she has been out of the City for awhile, just moving back... a member of a City Council in some southern state, maybe it was Durham City Council? Anyone heard anything about her?
Post Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:25 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
John

quote:
Josh Freeman schreef:
I had heard that there is a women running as well, just can't remember her name right now though... supposedly she has been out of the City for awhile, just moving back... a member of a City Council in some southern state, maybe it was Durham City Council? Anyone heard anything about her?

quote:
Josh Freeman schreef:
quote:
John schreef:
I just sent another e mail to Ryan Eashoo to see if its true he is related to Don Williamson. Also if he was put on the commission to dissolve it. No word yet. .

Voice Of Reason Still hasn't posted back to say if she or he will go live on The Laundry Room show. Maybe these to have Laryngitis?

The Commission cannot dissolve itself. Since it was created by Ordinance of the City Council, it would take a vote of the City Council to dissolve it.

They could, in essence "dissolve" themselves if the Commission is "padded" with the wrong folks, as seems to be the case. "Yes-men" for the Mayor who will not uphold the Ordinance rendering it ineffective to it's stated purpose.

So if Mayor Williamson after the last November election had all those council peoples that were his friends. He helped them all get elected, why didn't he dissolve it then? He got everything else he wanted passed? Why not do it then? He appointed these people ( EASHOO, HEDDY, SUOMELA,RUTHERFORD and BARKAS) long after talk about dissolving the commission. It doesn't make sense.

Josh as a former council person, how can we get Ryan Eashoo, Steve Heddy off the commission? Especially Ryan Eashoo since we have just found out he is blood of the mayor? More importantly he wants and is actively trying to tear down historic properties.

Don't you think thats a conflict? What can we do?
Post Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:35 pm 
Josh Freeman
F L I N T O I D

Speaking only to the topic of how you remove someone, anyone, from a "multiple member body" it would have to be by a vote of the City Council. Since the City Council has the authority to confirm all appointments, they are the sole entity that can remove a member prior to expiration of term.
Post Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:51 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
John

quote:
Josh Freeman schreef:
Speaking only to the topic of how you remove someone, anyone, from a "multiple member body" it would have to be by a vote of the City Council. Since the City Council has the authority to confirm all appointments, they are the sole entity that can remove a member prior to expiration of term.

So lets make it happen, lets remove Heddy, Barkas, Eashoo, Rutherford and Suomela. All the people Don williamson appointed. WITH council approval
Post Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:55 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: