FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: FRAUD IN FLINT DPW?

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

IT IS A GOOD THING THAT A FRIEND OF THE RESIDENTS IN THE 900 BLOCK OF E SEVENTH TOOK PHOTOS OF THE DIRT BEING USED FOR FILL AFTER A DEMOLITION OF 909 E SEVENTH.

PIECES OF SEWER OR WATER PIPE, BOULDERS, WOOD, CONCRETE, BRICKS AND EVEN PLASTIC BAGS WERE IN THE FILL DIRT DELIVERED AS CLEAN FILL FOR THIS SITE. THE CITY WAS NOTIFIED EARLIER IN THE WEEK AND JESSE BUCHANAN WAS OUT OF TOWN AT A CONFERENCE.

SUNDAY NIGHT AT 7 PM BARTMAN'S COMPANY CAME AND STARTED TO SPREAD THE DIRT. WHEN THE NEXT DOOR NEIGHBOR MRS PATRICK STARTED TELLING HIM THE DIRT WAS NO GOOD, HE SAID HE WOULD REMOVE THE BAD STUFF. SURE ENOUGH SHE AND THE NEIGHBORS WATCHED AS THE WORKER TRIED TO PICK OUT ALL OF THE BAD FILL.

THIS COMPANY SHOULD BE SUED FOR FRAUD. THEY SIGNED A CONTRACT AND THE DEFINITION OF CLEAN FILL DIRT IS CLEARLY DEFINED. THIS COMPANY NEEDS TO BE ON THE LIST FOR BAD CONTRACTORS AND SHOULD NOT GET ANY MORE CONTRACTS.
Post Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:19 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Since the complaint was made during the middle of the week and officials from the City of Flint came to inspect and yet Bartman thought it was acceptable to spread the dirt on a Sunday evening, that raises a numberof questions:

Was Bartman warned a complaint was made and was the company rushing to try to do a coverup before Monday.

Will inspectors approve the fill and if so are they getting kickbacks?

There was not enough topsoil for a 2 inch layer of topsoil. so will the city still pass it?

were the demolitions completed with federal money filled in using the same type of topsoil and fill dirt?

Why have the inspectors been approving this same type of shoddy work in the past?
Post Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:12 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Jesse Buchanan claims the dirt was tested. If so the testers had to see all of the large debris in the soil. The story gets worse. Sounds like the city condones the use of such trashy fill.

They used less than a bale of straw on this large site and vry little seed. There were at least 30 birds having a feast on the exposed seed.
Post Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:53 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Sounds LIke something I wouldn't mind coming out and video taping if neighbors are willing to dig it up? But they'd have to be willingto replace the straw and seed and make it look like it is supposed to when they are done then air on my show. That would be a real story.. Of course the Flint Urnial wouldn't touch it... IT's too much like NEWS for them or Channel 12. Call me or email me I'd be glad to come out and do a story I need a good show to put on the air.
Post Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:49 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

The city did the demolition. A worker from Bartman told observers they were told where to pick up the dirt. So is the city scamming on the cost of fill dirt and are they overcharging the federal government?

There is much more to this!

The city did that crappy work on Dayton and Dupont too.
Post Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:44 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

If the city pays for a specific number of cubic feet of dirt to be delivered and then a lot od stones and debris are removed, did the city really get what they paid for?
Post Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:24 pm 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

There's a mountain of dirt at Mt. Morris Road and I-75 that should be pretty clean. Do you suppose the owner might donate it just to get rid of it? Laughing
Post Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:35 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

When I looked at the dirt that had been delivered, I could not help but notice the large chunks of rough finished concrete and it puzzled me. Then I drove by a site where repairs were being made to the sewer lines. The concrete around the repair before the final layer was in place looked very much like the concrete on the site. perhaps the city is getting rid of the temporary sewer and water repair dirt this way.

Whe the city started to fill in the pool at the south side Broome center they used dirt that was even worse. Ehren Gonzales went to the Mayor's office and complained. There were sewr pipes, concrete and even metal pipes being dumped here.
Post Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:03 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

quote:
00SL2 schreef:
There's a mountain of dirt at Mt. Morris Road and I-75 that should be pretty clean. Do you suppose the owner might donate it just to get rid of it? Laughing

Is that dirt or crushed concrete?
Post Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:04 pm 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

The color appears light brown. At one time he was telling people at the community watch meetings they could come and get free fill dirt there. Maybe there's another pile with crushed concrete, or maybe some of it isa combination but from the road it looks like brown dirt.
Post Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:25 pm 
TruthTalk
F L I N T O I D

Question I went by this site recently and i thought it looked like it was growing a nice lawn maybe all it needed was rain to grow... we did have a long dry spell untin recently. I also went threw the east side of flint today and seen dozens of open holes, some full of water that have been open since the last time i drove threw a few weeks ago. Some of the holes had piles of dirt on them with debris mixed in with the dirt that have been sitting there for weeks. Take a drive threw the east side if you dont beleive me, go down maplewood just south of davison rd. you will see 3 gaping holes filled with water with the dirt/debris sitting alongside them. These three holes have been open for atleast 4 months and counting. I know the neighbors are getting tired of lookong at this ugly scene. Is this new contractor doing a better job? I am more concerned about all these pits of water that a little kid might fall into than a few bricks mixed into the dirt but somethings got to happen soon as we are now entering the wet season...
Post Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:31 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

The nice grass is mostly weeds, but neighbors who watch what the city is doing, know the ordinances and have an effective council person can get things done.

There was more than a few rocks, it was potential contaminated soil as there were chunks of sewer and water pipes in the soil. I finally figured out that the chunks of unfinished concrete looked exactly like the water and sewer temporary repair sites.

The neighbors of these holes need to go public. When they addressed council before they got action. Director Kay Muhammed needs to be advised and a complaint needs to be made to her and the councilman. The east side is pretty chopped up and has some bizarre council designations. Some council have areas with as few as 3 voters in their ward.

I will drive the east side as i have not done so in a long time.
Post Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:57 am 
TruthTalk
F L I N T O I D

I tryed to contact the mayors office 4 or 5 weeks ago and they just sent me to the building/ demolition office. When i told the lady about the open holes on Maplewood full of water all she had to say was the backfills were sent to the contractor and that was it, sounded like she didnt care or she just didnt want to talk about it. I am suprised to see these holes still in the same state they where weeks ago because i know some of the neighbors have been calling too. Maybe a call to the council person would be in order, do you know whos ward this would be in? It seems like J. Freemans just of the top of my head?
Post Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:06 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: