FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: DELETED

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
DELETED

DELETED

Post Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:52 pm 
marcos

Go Sandy keep it up! You don't need to explain, Poplar is the one who needs to do that.
Post Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:03 pm 
Jake

WAY TO GO SANDY, YOU ARE A GOOD LADY. KEEP UP THE FIGHT
Post Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:15 pm 
Josh

Sandy good for you for speeaking out.
Don't let Poplar try to put the spotlight on you
and not her.
Post Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:47 pm 
Dave

Shame on Caroylyn " I do nuttin for thr 5th ward" Sims. for sticking up for this illegal activity.
Post Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:50 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

This is what Sucks, I taped over that week's council meeting. Or I would have put a clip of it on in my TV show!

Again, She didn't take any of the money! Everything WAS in the open. Why is it that no one seems to bother with the 180,000 the Mayor is Demanding from Marvin Riley?

I do think it's great Sandy came on the show!

The only thing that interests me, Who are all these GUEST posts?

Hmmm Channel 12 makes up crime stories for the Mayor to appear as if he is actually fighting crime and that's not slanted? In one story the Mayor was quoted saying “No one has ever brought anything to me” in reference to restructuring the Police Department. When at least three of his 26 points are directly the opposite to what the Union has presented to him. This was within a week of Council being reminded that they paid for a analyst to come in and make recommendations to the Council ad the Mayor? Did Channel 12 just forget? Did they not know? Or did they slant it in favor of the Mayor. Had it been George Bush, Channel twelve would have ripped him apart at every turn!

Full Page color ads in the Flint Journal with almost nothing against the Mayor ever. At least wise with the Facts. They never question his quotes when he flat out lies? They Print his Quotes! But never follow them up, like they do with councilmember’s. When they something contrary to what the Mayor says!

I do agree. If Jackie isn't going to step down. Move ON!

That's great about ideas. Only how about the Mayor putting forth some that makes sense! Hiring an officer as one of his TOP Cops! Who has been disciplined multiple times for drinking/drunk on the job! He was legitimately fired! And rightfully SO!

It's not rocket science! The Mayor has more officers, than he did three years ago! Yet Crime is going UP!

Making Flint better! Exactly! That's why I want all the council members on the show! Not to debate points. But to get the opportunity to speak to their constituents! Explain their positions, explain their road blocks, and explain what they feel they’ve done or are trying to do. I’ll be sending out a list of questions to all the council. I’ll be asking the same questions. Sandy, you missed it. (if your reading these) So far Sandy is the only one that wasn’t there when I asked. I need to drop her a line. I’ll be starting off the new year with shows about how City government works. What Council can and cannot do. I’ll be having Josh Freeman on to help point out authority and powers given by the Charter.

Then be following it up with All City Councilmember’s one at a time. About an hour each.
Post Thu Dec 14, 2006 12:09 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
marcos

Look how Ted brings up something else and avoid the entire thread lol Respond to Ms. Hill's interview... You say thw whole council new, she mentions something about that in there...
Post Thu Dec 14, 2006 6:24 am 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Look how Marcus "GUEST" again posts without any substance and doesn't hold himself accountable for what he says. Only some guest that says something without basis.
Post Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:39 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Adam Ford
F L I N T O I D

This makes sense. Poplar claims she went to the city attorney to make sure everything was legit I assume after listening to Sandy Hill. Even if she didn't I rememeber her saying that the business owners had agreed to give money to a scholarship fund in front of the city attorney. It's nice that people care so much about what is in the paper but the newspaper doesn't give you all the details. The newspaper never mentioned the "shakedown" Kerry Nelson did with his liquor store. He allegedly cost them possibly a few thousand dollars by making them hire an armed security guard and then still delaying their liquor permit. I guess this doesn't matter though because the journal didn't report it. I really wish John, Larry, Ryan, Steve, Dayne, Norm Bryant and the mayor would come to city council meetings. I also wish Sandy Hill would speak up more at the council meetings even though they are already long enough. If Sandy Hill would have spoken publicly at the meeting when this happened about her misgivings people like me and Eric Mays and others might have picked up on it and have prevented this whole situation from ever happening. I wish more citizens of Flint could be present while government is happening to try and prevent mistakes instead of comlaining about them later.
Post Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:54 pm 
Marcos

Any substance? I asked you a question, and you either avoid it or bring something else up. Respond to the video, she mentions alot of things that contradict or may confuse you and other people... Now lets see how he avoid my question again or brings up the mayor...
Post Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:11 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Excuse me Mr. Anonymous guest. but actually ask a question? Maybe point out some specific. If I'm responding with generalities. It is because you mentioned generalities. You want something specific. Ask something specific!

What is “IT” or “ELSE” I responded to the Video. Pointing out not only what was mentioned in the video, but also pulled in what seems to be missing in all of these arguments?
Post Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:37 pm 
Marcos Fieras
F L I N T O I D

lol Happy I registered? I mean a response to the video as itself. She said things that should contradict many things up in the air over this. Like for example Poplar telling other members about her scholarship program. I can't remember exactly, but Ms. Hill said something about she didnt think Ms Poplar would break the and then later she found it she would and that she did indeed warned her. some other stuff 2, but I want you to answer to the entire video and stop bringing up other things or avoiding my question. thank you
Post Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:17 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Cool, Thank You.

I remember the meeting. Only I don't have the meeting on tape. At least I haven't found it yet. Sandy may not even have been there. When Jackie made the big change in her vote/campaign promise! Sandy is referencing things she knew from personal conversations. Not from open council meetings. Peoples attitudes and opinions have a tendency to change from a private conversation to a public one. They can in fact change!

I'm not saying Sandy is lying. I'm saying that what happened publicly was offered to all. I didn't pick up on the problem and neither did a room full of people. Including council members. I'm saying What jackie may have said to Sandy 6 months ago may have changed Jackie's final outcome. Maybe not. I can only respond to what I see and have heard during meetings. Had I realized there was a problem I would have been saying something sooner also. As would a lot of other people also.

The whole story isn't always one we want to accept. No matter how it makes us look. Knowing the context in which everything happened. Isn't always easy to uncover. Even when your there!
Post Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:22 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: