FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: 12-year-old girl was shot in the leg during a drive-by

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

This is a little too close for me!! Exclamation

From what I put together, it was her older bother that did the shooting??
Post Wed Dec 28, 2005 12:02 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
rapunzel

We have had alot lately that are too close. Or is it that they are being more publicized? The crime area is growing and will continue to grow if something isn't done. You have a strong new crime watch in that area. They are getting results. Believe it or not. It may be that the upcoming millage is making our cops officers actually work with the community.

The community has had enough and is fighting back. They are finding anonymous ways to report drug houses with prostitutes working from them. I hear all of the CATT squad are not above board so if you make a report make sure it is to an officer you know is righteous.

That area has many renters and few owners. So the landlords would do good by screening applicants. If neighbors can tell landlords that illegal activities are in the rentals maybe they could work together to make the community a better place to live.

We need more police . We have 252 police in the current budget for Flint police and we have 243 actual. Now if the police do not have a contract how can they expect to fill these positions? Read, the Sergeants are at the desks but we have few in cars. If we could fill these 11 positions we could make a small impact. Actually stop some crimes before they become newsworthy.
Post Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:40 pm 
Ted Jankowski

quote:
That area has many renters and few owners. So the landlords would do good by screening applicants. If neighbors can tell landlords that illegal activities are in the rentals maybe they could work together to make the community a better place to live.

From what I understand. I believe that landlords are not allowed to screen perspective tenants. At least wise in a way that would allow them to not rent to hoods. Something about discrimination laws.
I believe also that the Community is fighting back more and more.
Crime watches are great. But, why do we need to have citizen volunteers on the street pushing Officers to do their jobs?
Post Thu Dec 29, 2005 7:50 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: