FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: DELETED

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
DELETED

DELETED

Post Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:51 pm 
Al Garcia

WOW....Larry and John...you two dudes RULE!
You guys tell it like it is and dont care who you leave in your dust.
I have a feeling that people who come on sites like this are people who are generally more educated then the norm, possibly have higher IQ's and could be in a slightly higher tax bracket. You know the type, They might have the snow sleds, Four wheelers, and take the boat up north to their cabin on weekends.
I have to commend the two of you for what you do for the city of Flint. Making a difference in your own way. Two hard working dirt under the nails types of guys. Two people who care about their hometown and not at all in fear of spreading the truth about whats going on. Is the message simplified?.....yes but still just as effective if not more so then anyone else on this site.
Of course, I could be totally wrong and you guys could be just 2 simple drink and smoke all day guys who live off the tax dollars of hard working people. Hope you guys arent in the man hole or aluminum siding business.
The bottom line is, you guys tell it like it is. You ruffle feathers and you dont care if those feathers are black, brown or white. You guys wouldnt look to good wearing those rose colored glasses some people wear around these parts.
Keep up the good work and keep spreading the seeds of truth.
Post Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:40 pm 
DELETED

DELETED

Post Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:02 pm 
John Wilson
F L I N T O I D

Great show as usual. Your passion sure does come out!

I agree with most of what you guys say: essentially, zero tolerance for corruption. This council woman wouldn't last 5 minutes in most cities. They'd get her butt outta there right quick. Of course, most cities are not like Flint where corruption is almost commonplace. Shame, and you said it right when you mentioned that people are "used to it" and less likely to be upset.

THE RACE CARD

Ms. Poplar is black? I didn't know that until you said it. I wanted her out when I first heard the extortion confession. But you can't ignore race in this day and age, so better to get it out in the open now.

THE MONEY CARD

I have to disagree with the fact that people who hold public office shouldn't be paid. Public office is not a charity. We need to attract some world class political and logistical minds to Flint. You can't do that by saying "volunteer please" and "save our city, and uh, here's a $1."

There is no reason you can't be passionate for Flint, work for the city, and get paid for it.

In the end, all public office holders should recognize that the salary is not the main motivator. Doing good by your community is.
Post Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:13 pm 
pissed off ma ma bear

The race of miss Poplar should not matter,,,,what she did is terrible,,,its extorsion to make herself look better,,,,giving money to the school students, with extorted money, and making herself look like the hero,,,she needs to be fired,,,white, black, brown , or yellow,,,I really dont care what color she is,,,and the Mayor and his wife need to be fired also,,,ah hell,,,I think the city needs a complete over haul,,,,you dont hear this bickering and fighting, and name calling and stupidity in most governments of the suburbs,,,I can only wish,,,that some people of intelligence can get out and vote in a complete new council and Mayor come a new illection,,,and the School Board,,,what a joke,,,
Post Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:19 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: