FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Buchanan, leader of the people.

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Francis Bacon

There is nothing makes a man suspect much, more than to know little. by Francis Bacon 1625

Buchanan keeps council post

FLINT

THE FLINT JOURNAL FIRST EDITIONWednesday, November 15, 2006
By Shena Abercrombiesabercrombie@flintjournal.com • 810.766.6307
http://www.mlive.com/news/fljournal/index.ssf?/base/news-40/1163604073189840.xml&coll=5

FLINT - Darryl E. Buchanan is still facing a political fight to save his City Council seat, but he managed to hold on to his post as council president.
Buchanan defeated Councilman Sheldon Neeley, 5-4, in earning another 12 months in the council presidency.

That is, assuming Buchanan prevails in a planned Feb. 6 recall election.
With his pastor, church members and friends and family in the audience at Monday's council meeting, Buchanan promised to be a "leader for all of us."

"We need to work together to move the city forward," he said. "We can put our egos on the back burner."

Buchanan extended an olive branch to mend fences with Neeley, a critic of Mayor Don Williamson who was elected vice president.

"In front of my church members and family I'd like to say, if there's anything I've done in the past, you have my personal apology," he said, walking over to Neeley and shaking his hand.

Buchanan, an ally of Williamson, was backed by council members James Ananich, Ehren Gonzales, Sandy Hill and Kerry Nelson.

"The city needs to go to the next level, and I have confidence that you can get us to the next level," Gonzales said.

The victory however, came with a clear message from those who voted against Buchanan.
Post Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:36 am 
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

Francis, may I call you Frank?

I always recall an image of two pigs, engaged in coitus, with the slogan "Your Christmas ham being made to order!"

when I see the word "bacon".

isn't that weird?

Post Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:46 pm 
Frank

Farmer Jones got out of his car and while heading for his friend's door, noticed a pig with a wooden leg. His curiosity roused, he asked, "Fred, how'd that pig get him a wooden leg?"

"Well, Michael, that's a mighty special pig! A while back a wild boar attacked me while I was walking in the woods. That pig there came a runnin', went after that boar and chased him away. Saved my life!"

"And the boar tore up his leg?"

"No he was fine after that. But a bit later we had that fire. Started in the shed up against the barn. Well, that ole pig started squealin' like he was stuck, woke us up, and 'fore we got out here, the darn thing had herded the other animals out of the barn and saved 'em all!"

"So that's when he hurt his leg, huh, Fred?"

"No, Michael. He was a might winded, though. When my tractor hit a rock and rolled down the hill into the pond I was knocked clean out. When I came to, that pig had dove into the pond and dragged me out 'fore I drownded. Sure did save my life."

"And that was when he hurt his leg?"

"Oh no, he was fine. Cleaned him up, too."

"OK, Fred. So just tell me. How did he get the wooden leg?"

"Well", the farmer tells him, "A pig like that, you don't want to eat all at once!"
Post Fri Nov 17, 2006 6:50 am 
Bertrand Russell

How fitting to laugh at a politician and pigs in the same thread!

"Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicans take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature made them."
Bertrand Russell, New Hopes for a changing world, 1951
Post Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:02 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: