FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Flint City Council Election Results Nov 2009
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
back again
F L I N T O I D

getting my info from the genesee county clerk's website.

looks like lawler's gettin spanked!!!

looks like coleman's also gettin spanked!!!

scott's in like flint !!!!!!

GO JOSH GO!!!!!

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:54 pm 
1pissedoffguy
F L I N T O I D

Hoping Lynn makes it in to office, very nice and well intended woman. Coleman should be out, so hope that happens. Josh does not impress me at all. But neither did Cook or Hill . But hey , if Walling starts doing something and so do these people we may seem some serious crap happening ( to paraphrase ol Doc Brown) ,,
Post Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:14 pm 
omgasmurf
F L I N T O I D

http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/index.ssf/2009/11/up-to-the_minute_election_resu.html

----has up to date stuff as well...

go waybright go!
Post Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:14 pm 
omgasmurf
F L I N T O I D

lawler is ahead by around 50....

scratch that....

FLINT CITY COUNCIL 5TH WARD
Vote For Not More Than 1
(WITH 9 OF 9 PRECINCTS COUNTED)
Bernard Lawler. . . . . . . . . 416 55.03
Lynne Waybright . . . . . . . . 334 44.18
WRITE-IN. . . . . . . . . . . 6 .79
Total . . . . . . . . . 756
Post Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:34 pm 
ConcernedCitizen
F L I N T O I D

It's official, Flint is full of idiots that do not know a good thing when it hits them in the face. I wouldn't blame Mrs. Waybright if she unplugged her phone and told people to F.O. Lawler waltzes in having done nothing for the 5th Ward and wins over a woman that has done more for Flint and the 5th Ward in a few years than he has done in his life. A man that had to run a campaign of smears and lies, since he could not compete on the merits of his own accomplishments. This depresses me enough to think that the racist bastards that voted him in deserve what they are going to get. I'm ashamed to say that it is some of my brothers and sisters that perpetrated this

I had a job offer out of town, and after seeing this travesty, I really believe it is time to move elsewhere and take my money and resorces to a City that appreciates hard working, honest individuals.

Mrs. Waybright, I hope you continue your good works but I actually hope to move somewhere that actually appreciates what you bring to a community.

From what I have heard about Mrs. Waybright she would never do what I am about to do, so this is for you, Flint F.O.!!!!!!!
Post Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:12 pm 
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

The new Flint City Council:
Delrico J. Loyd
Jackie Poplar
Bryant W. Nolden
Joshua M. Freeman
Bernard Lawler
Sheldon A. Neeley
Dale K. Weighill
Michael J. Sarginson
Scott Kincaid

http://www.co.genesee.mi.us/clerk/images/Election%20results/CurrentElecResults/elecdata/SUMMARY.HTM

Post Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:17 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
back again
F L I N T O I D

may council have a productive term!!!! Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:23 pm 
ConcernedCitizen
F L I N T O I D

quote:
back again schreef:
may council have a productive term!!!! Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

Why would they start now?
Post Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:10 pm 
1pissedoffguy
F L I N T O I D

The results are a mixed bag. Dale is a good person, as is Sarginson I think (his dad was a good guy anyway,better be too there boy lol) , Badly disappointed than Lynn didnt win, the sleazy guy got it , so watch this man VERY CLOSELY and make sure he ain't going to pull a Poplar-like stunt. Oh yeah, she is in BOOOOO,, damn idiots who elected her. Kincaid again (sigh) ,at least that ass Coleman didnt get in again, thank god! Josh , you got the nod now, do something, I am not impressed though from what I have seen of you so far though. Nolden, congrats,,great to see you beat that little punk Coleman, I have some hope for you there guy. I saw Neely at a few events,heard him on flinttalkradio during that mayoral debate, I was not in awe. Mays owned that debate, Neely was lackluster, but hope his term as the council member isnt lackluster. So we do have som hope for the city , and Lynn, I would be hurt if I was you but girl, you are awesome , please stick around , really, I saw you on Eashoo's show, you are great and the people of your ward is going to be sorry they chose Lawler.
Okay now we are set! Get these people into some classes on ethics, fire the city's atttorney if he or she doesnt know ethics, but being lawyers they are are probably on shakey ground, so get some philosophy student or professor in there and teach the people. Dale seems to have some background in this ,so he ,in my opinion, should be judged more severly if he fouls up. Which I hope he doesn't , he seems nice and pretty smart, for college guy anyway . lol
Post Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:38 pm 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

Congratulations to Josh!!!! His heart will be in this endeavour!!!! **insert Snoopy Dance here****
Post Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:42 am 
larry flint
F L I N T O I D

"Get these people into some classes on ethics, fire the city's atttorney if he or she doesnt know ethics, but being lawyers they are are probably on shakey ground, so get some philosophy student or professor in there and teach the people. Dale seems to have some background in this ,so he ,in my opinion, should be judged more severly if he fouls up. Which I hope he doesn't , he seems nice and pretty smart, for college guy anyway"

i met him like 2x and he was smart, professional,ontopic still i think democrat he should be a good rep

im sure his (dale) standards are on par or higher then most of the population of the city
Post Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:48 pm 
larry flint
F L I N T O I D

Congratulations to Josh!!!!
Post Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:49 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Dale wighill will be a valuable asset to the council. And yes he does have some political experience. Dale knows the issues and i believe he had some experience helping bring Youngstown back. He also worked as an aide on the state level. we need more Dale's.
Post Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:10 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

youngstown, ohio was brought back???? Shocked

i was there last year and the place was still desolate. empty steel mills for miles and miles. Shocked

P.Y.
Post Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:31 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Lawler spent almost $9,000 before Waybright spent $1,000 on the campaign. A slim margin for such a pricey race.
Post Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:40 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: