FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: trip to mars in 39 days!!!!!!!

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
back again
F L I N T O I D

Last Wednesday, the Ad Astra Rocket Company tested what is currently the most powerful plasma rocket in the world. As the Webster, Texas, company announced, the VASIMR VX-200 engine ran at 201 kilowatts in a vacuum chamber, passing the 200-kilowatt mark for the first time. The test also marks the first time that a small-scale prototype of the company's VASIMR (Variable Specific Impulse Magnetoplasma Rocket) rocket engine has been demonstrated at full power.

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:27 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

I believe you mentioned once that you yourself were spaced out on more than one occasion. Laughing

Post Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:27 pm 
Domet
F L I N T O I D

No way, twotap bring value to a thread? Oh, wait - nope! Typical wasted space (ha-ha! get it? Wasted space, space ship? Come on!). Man, for a second there I thought you were actually saying something worthwhile!

Hey back again - any word on whether or not these sorts of engines may end up being used in future shuttle projects? I've been waiting ages to see what the new space shuttles will look like or if we're really going back to one-shot rockets.

Post Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:35 am 
back again
F L I N T O I D

nah, i haven't read anything domet but i do know the U.S. has several different types of propulsion engines in use right now the public isn't aware of. honestly theres no telling what we are capable of at this very moment with all the "black" projects and such. Cool

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:16 am 
Domet
F L I N T O I D

Blamo

Looks like there are potential plans to use this neat little engine to get to Mars. It still needs to be tested in the vacuum of space, and there is some chatter about testing it for trips to the moon. I think this is darn cool - using electricity to generate propulsion, possibly making it to Mars in 39 days? Awesome.

Post Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:57 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: