FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: Flint Police Officer's Association Endorses Dayne Walling

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
munnbreslin
F L I N T O I D

Here is a campaign email from Walling....

I’m pleased to announce that tomorrow the Flint Police Officer’s Association will officially endorse my campaign for Mayor of Flint. In light of the recent tragic shootings that have plagued the city, their endorsement and their confidence in my ability to be a strong and effective leader on the issue of public safety means a lot.

Unfortunately, today crime and violence affect every part of our city. I am committed to a public safety strategy that actually reduces crime, not one that just pushes it around from one ward to another. I am committed to opening a police mini-station in every ward, enacting a comprehensive gun-violence strategy that reaches into all parts of the city, and ensuring that our police officers have the tools they need to reduce response time and fight crime.

This endorsement is another real world example of how working together we can change Flint. So if you’re able, please join us at Flint City Hall (1101S. Saginaw) at 1:30 p.m. on Tuesday to be a part of this exciting news.
Post Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:13 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

So what would his "Gun- violence strategy" be since when ever a dem starts blaming "Guns" for crime problems you have to start wondering.

Post Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:07 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

damn, has ms.clack done anything?? dayne is smokin this time.

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:35 pm 
munnbreslin
F L I N T O I D

Flint Journal Column....

FLINT, Michigan -- The Flint Police Officers Association is endorsing Dayne Walling for mayor of Flint, according to a news release.

The endorsement will officially be announced at 2 p.m. Tuesday at Flint City Hall, 1101 S. Saginaw St.

The law enforcement group also endorsed Walling in 2007.

Walling faces county Commissioner Brenda Clack, D-Flint, in the Aug. 4 election
Post Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:26 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

So what would his "Gun- violence strategy" be since when ever a dem starts blaming "Guns" for crime problems you have to start wondering. Confused

Post Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:28 am 
back again
F L I N T O I D

i'll tell you what! if she doesn't come out guns blazing right now, this will be the most one sided victory in quite a while.

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:05 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Huh, guns blazing, so whats the headlines gonna read Clack shoots Walling? Laughing

Post Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:33 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: