FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Why Flint needs so many police officers to combat crime
Goto page Previous  1, 2
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
pissedoffmamabear

Ted, I have seen first hand what the real problem is,,,The detective on our sons case is overworked, he is continually working when he should be able to sleep, he is tired, and has so many murder cases it is hard to investigate them propertly, the task force, special units are not large enough to handle all the crime, we dont really need more cops out harrasing the kids sitting in parking lots drinking pop and looking at each others fast engines, we need more detectives on violent crimes and undercover cops living in the hood,,,thats what Flint needs, and a bigger jail with beds of nails, and beans for supper , so that they can all suffer smelling each other day in and day our when they think of the crimes they commited
Post Mon Nov 06, 2006 3:16 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

quote:
pissedoffmamabear schreef:
who the hell really cares what causes a thug piece of crap criminal to be a criminal,,,,just put thier lousy asses in jail, build bigger jails, give them a new home,,,,lets start worrying about protecting those that are law abiding before the law abiding have to become vigilantys,,,,lets put them away with bubba, and let them be someones ..,,,,,that is my idea of justice,,,then I can walk the city streets again, safe,,,better yet,,,lets put a electric fence aroung the State of KANSAS,,,,whats that state good for anyway,,,,tornados,,,,so lets house all the criminals in the U.S, In Kansas, we can give them all guns,,,and knives,,,and let them kill each other, and no food of course , they would have to eat each other,,,,,damn, am I good or what,,,this is a great idea,,,,I will even sign my name,,,,,,Debbie McIntosh

Debbie go under log in, and create a user name! Welcome to Flint Talk!
Miss your good sense of humor, and kind heart! How are things at the old office anyhow???
Post Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:54 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Adam Ford
F L I N T O I D

pissedoffmamabear I think if we better prioritized the police department we would be in better shape. I think solving and preventing murders should be the number one priority and not housing commission meetings or even lesser drug crimes. Unfortunately that is not the case here in Flint. Currently in Flint if you kill someone you will most likely get away with it.
Post Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:25 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

I'm sorry, but looking and really understanding what it takes to do these investigations. The way things are being done... Its just frustrating trying to get people to understand the real whys the officers are so "OVERWORKED" You have basically three days to find a suspect then build a case. If there is only one murder per week. What does that equate to in man hours? Really? Three days! There are many reasons. But it's not lack of Manpower.

It's misuse and abuse of police resources is mostly to blame. If you only knew how many times officers are pulled from real investigations to chase snipes. Ever heard of Snipe hunting? Pulling officers of real crimes to break up Church sponsored Teen Dances. Or Weddings and birthday party's wasting multiple officers time writing multiple tickets that summarily get thrown out of court because not one of them was legitimate.

Maybe you should talk to Don about taking some of the investigators off the Eric Mays case and help out those over worked investigators!
Post Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:05 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
DEMCAD

"Lack of education (not necessarily schooling) has more of an impact than poverty."
Ted Jankowski

That's interesting, because the lack of education is directly tied to poverty. Why do you think inner city kids are so poorly educated? It's because the cities lack the tax base to properly fund their schools. Inferior educational systems are found in the poorest areas in the country, not the most wealthy. Educational problems are linked to poverty.

"who the hell really cares what causes a thug piece of crap criminal to be a criminal,,,,just put thier lousy asses in jail, build bigger jails, give them a new home"
pissedoffmamabear

This is the type of mentality that encourages apathy. People lose the desire to change the societal practices and the social conditions that help cause many of the nations problems. Let me tell you something, if we don't begin to take measures to remedy these social problems, we will never be able to build enough prisons.

It cost over $25,000/year to house an inmate in a prison. As a Republican, I would rather see taxpayers' money go to better use. Now obviously, some violent offenders must be incarcerated, but we can't put solve this problem with prisons alone. We need to be pro-active.

Anyway, that's all I have to say about this topic. BYE
Post Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:31 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: