FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: Human Waste into Energy - Wasn't that Flint's baby?

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Tegan
F L I N T O I D

I just read an article about a town in Florida who aims to be the first town in the US to turn sewage into energy. Wasn't that going to be Flint's way to fame? Whatever happened to that bio-fuel plant?

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,525585,00.html

Post Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:23 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Flints leaders for the past 40 years or so certainly had and have the raw material needed for the project.

Post Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:40 pm 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

Tegan, they are still trying to figure out if the plant is located in Flint Twp. or Flint City....Smile
Post Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:11 am 
Tegan
F L I N T O I D

Yikes.

Eh, no big deal. People don't need jobs THAT quickly anyway.

Post Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:17 pm 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Tegan schreef:
Yikes.

Eh, no big deal. People don't need jobs THAT quickly anyway.

No, I was joking because they had that problem in the Fall. Smile
Post Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:23 pm 
Tegan
F L I N T O I D

Ha. Oh yeah.

It seems to me like some of the grand ideas people have in Flint are organized by a really creative fat person on a couch. They have these grand ideas that are really good and will work with a little bit of determination, but when the hard questions and nitty gritty starts happening, its like they say "eh, screw it. hockey is on."

Then again, maybe something is happening behind the scenes that we don't know about. But if something IS happening, maybe there should be some news to keep the people interested and hopeful. (hint hint Flint Journal. Go do some digging and reporting for the rest of us).

Post Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:33 pm 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

I hope to God, literally that the lack of news means that this is the calm before the storm for Flint and Genesee County. To be honest? We keep recycling the same people for things over and over again. When "newbies" come up through the ranks, a lot of them are put off by the politics associated with conducting business and even becoming involved in politics.

The good old boy network has won and apathy is running amok....I am burned out...don't know about you, I am sure you are with no job...too boot.
Post Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:46 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Speaking of the Journal, I wonder why they didn't report on the 6 fires in a short period of time Friday night. And, the fact that an occupied home burned when the FD couldn't get there in time to put out the burning empty house next to it. It was on channel 5 Saturday morning, and is probably still somewhere on their web site.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:53 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
andi03
F L I N T O I D

Dave, not enough room to print the big news. Now they have three pages of obits and one article in the Sunday edition with ONE article about a Flint business...the rest from the north....sigh. 2.00 for a pamphlet...
Post Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:52 pm 
Tegan
F L I N T O I D

I don't think I saw anythinga bout it on the Mlive site either. Hm. Just a blog about someone's trip to Ireland...

Oh well. Our newspaper here is just as bad.

Post Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:17 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Speaking of the Journal, I wonder why they didn't report on the 6 fires in a short period of time Friday night.

Dave they were gonna but they decided to print the how everyone loves Obaama article instead. Rolling Eyes
Post Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:00 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: