FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Police Chief Fiasco

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Adam
F L I N T O I D

http://www.mlive.com/news/fljournal/index.ssf?/base/news-39/1161094908221300.xml&coll=5&thispage=1

Hiring a permanent chief is required by Genesee Circuit Judge Geoffrey L. Neithercut.

Last year, he ordered the mayor to nominate a permanent chief by June 24, saying failure to do so would render the charter "meaningless," court records show.

There never was a search, Williamson admitted Monday night.

There might never be one.

"We probably will," he said, "but I'm not sure."

What's next
A hearing is scheduled for 10:30 a.m. Oct. 30 in Genesee Circuit Court. Mayor Don Williamson is being forced to explain why he hasn't nominated a permanent police chief.

The City Council could be sued as early as today for hiring an independent attorney to force Mayor Don Williamson to appoint a permanent police chief.

The council should have let City Attorney Trachelle Young handle the matter that has exposed a rift between Williamson and the council, Young said Monday.
Post Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:18 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Interesting? Someone had to tell Ms. Young (The Mayor's appointee) to inform the Mayor. (which it's already her job to guide the Mayor in matters concerning ordinances and the charter, such as her opinion on the Junk Yard, I mean Impound, Oops I mean wrecking operation) Now, the Mayor is going to attempt to waste even more of the Citys money in order to not follow the Charter and Ordinances.

Yet, goofy people in Flint still claiming it's all everyone elses fault except the Mayor's.
Post Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:11 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: