FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: city budget
Goto page Previous  1, 2
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Adam
F L I N T O I D

Hector sometimes good isn't good enough. Did you ask the mayor why he doesn't bother to follow the charter? Its amazing to me how low the standards some people in Flint have. With no jobs it won't matter how nice our streets look.
Post Sun Oct 15, 2006 10:41 am 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

That's something else I've been wanting to respond to. How is it that reasonable people, people that can in their daily lives go to work, pay their bills, raise a family... be so duped by obviously incorrect assumptions. when the facts and evidence is so contrary to what they are saying. Don is paying for it out of his pocket (where is it in the budget?) Or Major crime is reduced (when the city website shows it's on the rise (record level might I add)) Or Tahoes cost the city less than Impalas (when they cost more in every aspect of ownership over impalas).

This is what just eludes me when it comes to commonsense. They wouldn't in their own live sit there and say they purchased a Tahoe instead of an Impala because it was going to save them money on operational costs. They know better. Or tell someone to go somewhere and by something because they saved money buying it there over somewhere else without first checking the price somewhere else. So that when they made the statement. They knew it was true. Because their reputation was on the line with their recommendation. But when the Don says it. Someone with a reputation for lying, stealing and unethical business practices says it, We just don't understand what he really means. Uugh! I just don't get it.
Post Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:02 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: