FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: OK Here's the OFFICIAL Numbers From Flint City Attorney

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

More to follow at www.cityofflint.net

I just received another response to one of my freedom of information act request FOIA's.

Let me give it to you word for word.
This is the official numbers for the Flint Police Dept.

quote:
For the year 2005 total complaints: 22,151 and total incidents 86,616.

OHHhhhhh BOOOOoyyyyyeeeee

911 official calls for police 124,428 (Officially Confirmed Numbers)

City's Police Department numbers 22,151

Police Chief's numbers for Community Policing Officers (40 officers responsible for ) 22,000 incidents.

86,616 subtract 22,000 leaves approximately 200 officers to handle 66,616 incidents.

In over a years time. that means that 200 officers from the regular police force only needed to handle 333 incidents in a ONE YEAR PERIOD!!!

We are sure asking a lot out of the Flint police to handle ONE Lousy incident PER DAY. I know Ted, We need more officers. We just don't have enough officers, to handle more than ONE incident, per officer, per day. They are too busy, handling the crime in the city of Flint.

Can I make it any simpler to understand?

People should be down at city hall protesting! That we don’t even expect officers to respond to more than one incident, per officer, per day. What am I missing here? Could you see going into McDonalds, and having the person wait on the customer ahead of you. Then, go on break? Until the Next day. Help another person. Then go on Break. Until the next day. Then maybe disappear for a day before returning to help another person.

Getting the picture?

Only, four more Cable classes until I can make this information public. Unless Bob steals more of my thunder. LOL
Honestly, I'm glad he's talking about it. If he's reading any of this and it's inspiring him to talk about it on his show. I'm thrilled. Whether he admits where he got the idea or not. I'm thrilled to get people talking and discussing this issue.
Post Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:38 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

quote:
handle 333 incidents
handle 333 incidents EACH

oops dropped a word.
Post Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:41 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

http://www.cityofflint.net/number_of_inccidents.htm

Ok here is a copy of that letter.
Post Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:22 am 
Ted J

In my haste to get this information out. I made a few mistakes.

333 per officer per year is incorrect.

It should be 323 per officer per year! They have even more time than I originally posted to handle the problems of the City's crime wave.

The Mayor can find 2 officers to arrest a paper boy at city hall. 8 officer to be at a housing commission meeting. Yet we cannot get one car when someone is out stealing siding off a house on the eastside.

Hmmm FIgure that one out.

All this when they CIty's stats show that officers need only to handle one incident per day in order to respond to all of the crime in this city. And they still have time left over for Dounuts.
Post Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:07 pm 
mother of a murdered Son

How about this, your child murdered in the streets of Flint, for just hanging out with his race car friends as he has for the past 12 yrs when he is not hard at work as a master mechanic by week, and enjoying himself, gunned down, shot in the back, un=armed, lost 90 percent of his blood, his heart stopped 12 times during a 4 hr surgery, all his organs inside were bullet riddled, just because he yelled at someone for spinning rocks on his car, which of course is a natural reaction , If your child was murdered as has been the case for several Parents in Flint lately, would you still say we dont need more police? The Detectives in the Homicide unit are over worked, understaffed, and undermaned, I dont know how many times the detective on my sons case called me on his day off, when the poor guy had one, If we had a proper amount of officers, we could add them where needed , such as homicide investigators, as it is now, it is hard to solve the cases, because they run cold, because of lack of officers, I want you to drive the city streets as our family did for a month , Thank God the police finally found the killer of our son, you get your big fat mouth in your car, if your brave enough and you drive down cecil dr, you drive into the apartments off carpenter, you drive the city streets at night, the drug trafficting is going crazy, this is the problem, we need special unit police, under cover police, more detectives, more homicide detectives, to stop the drugs, the drug dealers are the killers, and thier are not enough special unit police to handle these situations, basically i think your full of S--T!!!!! With your anti -cop attitude.
Post Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:36 pm 
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

before we start adding heads to the police force, one ought to examine how the current force is deployed.

Maybe we have too many "officers" in non-value added assignments vis a vis responding directly to crime; either as responders or detectives.

That is my problem with the mayor's plan..its IMO, knee-jerk; who says 50 cops is the right number? Who says they should be deployed only on the streets from Thursday to Sunday, from the hours of.....

maybe we need more, less, in the Detective Bureau, drug or gang forces etc etc.

the problem is IF there is analysis by the administration, they certainly aren't sharing it with the community to bolster their case.

The satellite tracking in cars in fine; its a saftey issue. Too bad the mayor purposely pitched it as a mis-trust issue [cops not on the job, we can track you now]. Same with the more than 2 officers together [not on a call]. That's just punitive and bound to make the union less cooperative and more intractable on other issues that may serve the public good.

Too bad the mayor engages in these immature games...its definitely old school, and grade-school behavior.

Post Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:38 am 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

quote:
mother of a murdered Son schreef:
If your child was murdered as has been the case for several Parents in Flint lately, would you still say we don’t need more police?

I absolutely would say we don't need more police. Why don't you blame the people in charge? Those that knew this was going on and refused to let officers do their jobs? Why don't you blame those in charge for being able to police respond within 5 minutes to a political opponent while not letting them respond to actual crimes against citizens? Why don't you blame the people in charge for sending over detectives to Eric Mays house because he threatened to help start a recall against Kerry Nelson instead of having those detectives out investigating some of the murders, or break ins or car thefts that are plaguing this city?

quote:
The Detectives in the Homicide unit are over worked, understaffed, and undermanned,

Really? How do you figure? how many homicide detectives do we actually have? How many homicides have we had in Flint. We know that in 2005 there were 49 murders? That's not even ONE per week? And as the Statistics show, if they don't find a suspect within three days, they probably won't ever find one. Your case was solved because it made headlines. Many of the others in Flint didn't get the press and publicity yours did. Putting pressure on the Mayor and Chief to do something. How many detectives do you really need to go over evidence and look for suspects? 2, 4 6 eight? Plus having the resources of the State Police?

It's wonderful the police called you so many times. There are mothers in Flint that police have botched their children’s cases so bad as they released evidence to the family, never once called them to say that they are working on the case, even refused to talk to them or give them answers. This was mainly because they were black and had prior records.

This imaginary lack of officers really gets my goat. We currently have no place to put these criminals when they are caught now. What good is it going to do to hire 50 more officers if we cannot arrest criminals now?

quote:
you get your big fat mouth in your car, if your brave enough and you drive down Cecil dr,
Interesting, I was just up there a few weeks ago. I was raised on Cecil Dr. My house is no longer there.

quote:
the drug trafficking is going crazy, this is the problem, we need special unit police, under cover police, more detectives, more homicide detectives, to stop the drugs, the drug dealers are the killers, and their are not enough special unit police to handle these situations, basically i think your full of S--T!!!!!

So why aren't we doing this now? Amazing that when in 2003 Flint had less officers and higher population in Flint, the Police were out breaking in doors of drug houses, since the Mayor has been in control, they've gone after businesses of the Mayors Political rivals, gone after his political opponents, and then finally in the last month gone after some of those drug houses on Cecil and Jewel. The ones Larry Eldridge has been complaining about at city council meetings for almost two years. It wasn't like the Mayor or Chief didn't know those were there or operating. The Department has 21 more officers in 2006 then they had in 2003. Yet we still need more? If that was true. Why did we have 12 officers at a housing commission meeting? Why do we have four officers at city council meetings? Instead of out fighting crime and arresting criminals.

quote:
With your anti -cop attitude.
And yes, I have at times had an Anti Police attitude. Based solely on well over 10 responses/ lack of responses from police over the last ten years living in Flint. However, instead of things getting better. They are getting worse. And the problem is it's the leadership we have in Flint that is making it worse. It's pretty obvious and simple to see and figure out.

And Biggie said it best in one simple statement.
quote:
before we start adding heads to the police force, one ought to examine how the current force is deployed.
He hit my feelings exactly.
Post Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:47 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: