FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Haskell Center closes unexpectedly?? Yeah right!

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

Looks fishy to say the least.

Councilwoman Popular should have been notified of the seasonal closings in my opinion.

The Story on ch 12 made no mention of any other "seasonal closings", is this something done every year to save money??

Post Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:27 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Ted J

Sounds like RETRO BUT TION to me
Post Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:17 am 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

There will be a protest about this at the city council meeting. Speakers are needed. I am surprised by this but I have had confirmation that Haskel center has in fact been shut down.
Post Sat Oct 07, 2006 6:53 pm 
rapunzel

Next watch funding stop for things in certain other wards.

Funny, Seems Chris Martin must have had fore- warning. He was just hired by FCS for $1077. per week. This is through a grant program.

If you remember he was a mayorial appointee to the water dept. Then was running a program at Haskell center. To be on the agenda at the last FCS board meeting (which he was) He would have put in for the job some time ago.

Really hiliarous, mention was made that the last time FCS had such a large loss of student enrollment was under Dr. Chow. What was failed to be mentioned was that Chow's plan was voted down by the board and it was Chris Martin's plan that caused the second ever largest student enrollment loss in FCS!
Post Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:33 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: