FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Alex Harris implodes @ Flint City Council Meeting LOL

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

How can this guy get away with verbally attacking members of the council?

Am I the only one that thinks the guy is has issues?? Brick wall

Whats with all the microphone adjustments?? Maybe he has some form of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder??

Post Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:14 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Easy to make snide remarks when you weren't present to get the whole story! Did you happen to be there and see the situation that he is talking about?

He was right! The City Attorney refused to follow the rules. Slapped The Council and Council president in face. Completely underminded thier authority.

Then to have another council person pooking into another council person and private citizens' business. Come'on.

This council is falling all over itself.

I just wonder how many people will get the see the whole thing and be able to put it all in context. Without the context of the Days going ons. you cannot judge just this 5 minutes of public speaking. In reference to a whole days tomfoolery.
Post Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:25 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

That maybe true?? But it does not excuse the fact the Alex Harris acted like a total buffoon and has no right to talk to anyone as he did at the last council meeting.

Post Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:05 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

This guy has got it!!

You tell 'em Rev. Baker!!

Last edited by Steve Myers on Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:48 am; edited 1 time in total

Post Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:45 am 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

you Tell Em? Let's see the incident he is talking about is something that has been going on freely for almost two years. Larry Eldridge a BIG Don WIlliamson supporter has ignored the Fact that his Mayor/Police Chief has refused to do anything about this for almost two years. he has been pointing fingers and reported these houses over and over for almost two years.

When poeple report crime and police react timely. Then i'll get excited. but two years to take action. Is deplorable.
Post Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:19 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

You missed my point.

Post Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:49 am 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

I don't believe I did. I believe you missed the point! This guy sat there and praised the council and City for lackluster performance of thier duties. Then pointed fingers at the poeple for the way they treat the council members, after council members Say and do stupid things then act as if they just gave a oritory on a message from God!
Post Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:17 pm 
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

The point is Alex Harris was disrespectfully and should have been told to sit down and shut up the minute he pointed his finger at the city attorney.

Council does not have to take half the crap they take and I think it should stop.

Post Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:59 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

See that would be a "matter of opinion'. Thus we don't have any real facts to look but only the way we preceive those facts. Where you say "The point is Alex Harris was disrespectfully and should have been told to sit down and shut up the minute he pointed his finger at the city attorney. Council does not have to take half the crap they take and I think it should stop. "

I would be inclined to say that if they don't want people pointing fingers in disgust. They should stop violating Laws, Ordinances, and disrespecting the Council's authority, and abide by the rules. Don't expect others to abide by the rules if those enforcing the rules are violating the same rules.
Post Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:34 pm 
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

Okay you win.

Post Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:43 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Lol It's not a win. It's just preception. Apoligetics boils down to changing preception. I'm not trying to be rude. I'm just pointing out that hypocracy rules in Flint City Government. these elected officials need to abide by their own rules.

Sure Alex was a bit stressed out. I was just trying to point out why and how he came to that point. Very Happy
Post Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:58 pm 
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Ted Jankowski schreef:
Lol It's not a win. It's just preception. Apoligetics boils down to changing preception. I'm not trying to be rude. I'm just pointing out that hypocracy rules in Flint City Government. these elected officials need to abide by their own rules.

Sure Alex was a bit stressed out. I was just trying to point out why and how he came to that point. Very Happy

I think if he [Alex] were less emotional he might have had his time management under better control and gotten to all his points. It appears he ran out of time before he was done.

Invariably the less under control one is, the less likely the audience and council are to seriously consider what one says.

At some point I'm sure both the council and the audience said..ok this guy is a raving madman....I'm tuning him out.

Too bad as he had some real issues to raise. Sometimes it how you say it that counts as much as what you are saying.

Post Tue Sep 26, 2006 5:29 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Your right, It's all in delivery. I've been told I sound more confident now. Well, I believe confidence has been misread as frustration. I've been frustrated. I want to get up there SCREAM from the top of my lungs, and it takes every bit of control, not to scream with disgust and blow up as Alex has. Years of frustration, living here in Flint. Then Don came along and I believed the fool! I took him at his word! Then I watched this council make excuses for his ignorance and molly cottel his dumb ideas. I was more relaxed last night since the police group came and finally SPOKE UP! I felt vindicated; there was nothing new that they presented that I or Eric Mays had not already presented to Council either in meetings or via letters. The severe lack of DISCIPLINE by Chief Williamson when it came to the Flint Police department. Lack of Discipline isn't firing officers (off the cuff). Discipline wasn't being applied properly (fairly and justly). But, because they came down there. COUNCIL FINALLY TOOK IT SERIOUSLY! Eric Mays had been saying the same things down there for months. I started coming down because they were ignoring him and I could see the same thing. There is even a new citizen coming down saying the same things. Slowly we are gaining support.

Now the Sad thing is. They all left! After they made grand standing they left! So those few that have been pointing this crap out where left to continue to hold the Council's feet to the fire. And we will! However, They and the people that supported them should be there every week, doing the same thing we are.
Post Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:29 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: