FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: questions for Milton

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
plato

On 9/07/06 the plan is that I will interview Superintendedn Milton for a future show of In my Opinion on chanel 17.

Bleow are my draft question in the order I plan to ask. Do you have recommendation for questions. Please advise.

Terry Bankert 9/7/06 1:00 pm If you can please reply by 3 pm

INTRODUCTION
William Milton Superintendent Fl;int Board of Education
BACKGROUND
THEME:Is the Flint Board of Education reform plan promoted by Supt Milton on track.

1Q: Is the Flint Board of Education reform plan promoted by Supt Milton on track.

2Q: How will your reform plan make Flint Schools better for the school age children of a single mother of three in Flint MI existing at or below the poverty level.

3Q: How should your reorm program be measured by the community. What is the most important variable the community can measure to evaluate your reform plan?

4Q: Why uniforms?

5Q: How is the partnership with fortune 500 companies going? Do Flint schools have outside speakers come in and speak to classes.

6Q: First, the bad news: The number of area public schools that failed to meet state standards under the federal No Child Left Behind Act increased 30 percent this year, with 30 schools now on the list.
7Q: Now the good news : 18 area schools improved enough to be removed from the list of schools that had been under sanctions. Schools make the list for failing at least two years in a row to meet the standards known as Adequate Yearly Progress, or AYP.

8Q: A Flint school official pointed to the district's improvements, as seven elementary schools came off the list.

9Q: FLINT - Flint has become the poorest large city in Michigan, with nearly one of every three people now living below the poverty level, according to a new Census Bureau report

Flint's percentage of residents living in poverty last year increased from 26.4 percent in 2000 to 32.5 percent in 2005, passing Detroit (31.4 percent) and putting it far ahead of other Michigan communities with at least 65,000 people. HOW HAS YOUR REFORM PLAN ADDRESSES THE NEEDS OF THESE POOR CHILDREN.

10Q: What the role of the Flint school system in job creation?
Post Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:15 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: