FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Mid-Michigan man may see life behind bars

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Adam

Obviously if you murder someone you deserve to go to jail but in this story I wonder if the guy that got robbed would have had confidence in the police department if he would have taken the law into his own hands. I have heard fo stories like this where someone has little or no faith in the police department so they take matters into their own hands. While this is Saginaw and not Flint I have heard Saginaw has some of the same problems.

To prevent crimes I think you should look at preventing motives. With confidence that the police would have gotten his money back and sent the person that robbed him to jail why would this guy have had reason to kill?

A better example is if someone threatens to kill your child. Do you wait for the Flint police to do nothing or do you take matters into your own hands to protect your child???

http://abclocal.go.com/wjrt/story?section=local&id=4508914
MID MICHIGAN (WJRT) - (08/29/06)--A Mid-Michigan man may spend the rest of his life behind bars for the shooting death of Ricky Ray Narvaiz of Bay City last year.

Tuesday morning a Bay County jury found 23-year-old Sinaca Times guilty of felony first-degree murder, armed robbery, home invasion and possession of a firearm.

Narvaiz's father said Tuesday his son was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Inside a packed Bay County courtroom, when the family heard the verdict all broke out in a spontaneous applause.

Times learned his fate when the jury found him guilty in the shooting death of Narvaiz. Police say Times robbed Narvaiz at the Baytown Apartments on July 21, 2005.

Times took off on a bike, Narvaiz chased him down and that's when he turned and fired a gun, hitting Narvaiz.

Last week the jurors were taken back to the scene at the Baytown Apartments. The jury deliberated on Friday for four hours then asked to come back Tuesday.

The prosecutor broke down piece by piece the events of that night, calling eyewitnesses to the stand who said Times was the shooter.

Defense attorney Jeffrey Day maintained throughout the trial there was no physical evidence.

When Times took the stand and was asked if he shot Narvaiz, he said, "No, I did not."

But in the end the jury made the ultimate decision to find Times guilty. Times will be sentenced Oct. 30.
Post Wed Aug 30, 2006 2:01 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: