FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Mayor Investigate is a J O K E! Sam Muma is the reason why!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
rapunzel

On the ratio of Cops to citizens... The major problem is no space in the jail to put criminals. Revolving door? You put some in the front and you have to let some out the back. or visa versa.

Cops won't bother to take small offenses to jail cause they can't hold them. No excuse for not taking them down and booking them anyways but this is the true problem.

This affects morale of the force..why try? No excuse... but the truth.

We just approved 5 millages. Yet, true need is a new jail and new school buildings. So sorry...taxed enough already. Missed that boat.

Maybe criminals can take Your Ride to jail. LOL
Post Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:40 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

I tried to talk to Senator Gonzales about getting more jail space. He seemed more interested in finding out the Why's and Wherefore's of the people committing the crime. While I understand the best way to approach Crime is to prevent it. We can't in Flint! Flint has allowed itself to become a crime magnet!

It is almost as if we have a sign at the City Limits that says "Criminals Welcome" or "Get out of Jail Free" "Don't worry going to jail in Flint. THere's no room."

I believe the best way to prevent crimes is to start prosceuting the smaller ones. Let these wannabe thugs know from the first time they get in trouble with the Law that there is a penality to pay! And if they continue the penalities will increase. Not they will be let out or not even taken downtown becuase breaking a house window is a small infraction or breaking into a car and stealing a stereo is a small infraction. Catch them and make them PAY for those crimes. They will go somewhere else. No more community service. They should be put on Work Crews! Not cleaning up a church or just doing janitor work at a community center!

[url][/url]
Post Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:16 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Adam Ford
F L I N T O I D

Why can't we at least assign community service if we can't keep them in jail. I think community service would be better anyways. We have to pay to keep a small time offender in jail anyways. Community service costs us nothing and could maybe get our community cleaned up.

If you look like offenses such as drug dealing. I imagine the majority of drug dealers they would probably make more working full time at McDonalds. I see drug dealing almost as a pyramid scheme. It's the major playors at the top that make most of the money.

I think the seniors may have come out in force. I did vote for the your ride and parks and 911 but did not see the other taxes as being essential.
Post Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:41 am 
Rapunzel

LMAO Hmmm... who can afford to go to parks anyway? Those that don't work so many hours to have the time can pay full price to enter. 911, Flints 911 is outdated equipment why should I pay for the county which is far advanced and helps me none/ MTA just built a new station, the one they had was younger than ANY BUILDING we teach flint children in. Flint taxes already pay for fixed route services. Your ride at 6 bucks cost per should be paid by the rider.

EMS was the only worthwhile millage. Everything else was a pass down to the taxpayer cost.

I will not support any millage until the schools are in better condition than the jails. We need two county jails. Terrible schools equal full city jail.
Post Sun Aug 13, 2006 12:23 am 
Adam

Definately some excellent points Rapunzel. I think you're right that the schools should take a higher priority although most county voters don't have to worry about horrible schools like Flint has. I'm surprised how tax happy county voters are.
Post Sun Aug 13, 2006 12:06 pm 
Youg demm

quote:
Ted Jankowski schreef:
According to what FACTS? Flint had already proven that under different leadership with the same amount of officers Crime could go down. So why then is crime going up? THINK!! It's pretty obvious.

have you ever though about this ? there is about 40-50 less cops on the streets when don toke office ? Crime went up. Your telling me, that didnt affect crime in Flint at all ??
Post Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:35 pm 
TEd J

quote:

have you ever though about this ? there is about 40-50 less cops on the streets when don toke office ? Crime went up. Your telling me, that didnt affect crime in Flint at all ??

WHAT IN THE WORLD ARE TALKING ABOUT! WE NEVER LOST 50 OFFICERS under DON!!! It was the same as the year before! WHere are you getting your imaginary numbers?

You speak as if we actually lost 50 officers which never happened? Just because you repeat something that isn't true doesn't make it a fact!

We have lost 50 officers, we've even lost more than that over the last ten years. But not the YEAR the Don took over. It was well before that! And Crime continued to decline. What what is your point? If your informaiton is incorrect you have NO POINT!
Post Wed Aug 16, 2006 4:06 pm 
Ted J

Now, if you want to look at the FACTS. It was Chief BARKSDALE that lost the 50 officers and continued to maintain a DECLINING CRIME RATE. All's the Don had to do was maintain the trend!

But I'm betting your also one of the poeple that accept everything printed in the Paper as gospel! That Flint has had a decrease in crime over the last 10 years as touted by the DON and The Current Asst. Chief! Which while correct. Isn't exactly factual. As they are currently presiding over the largest increase in Crime in Flint ever!
Post Wed Aug 16, 2006 4:22 pm 
biggie

wow, Ted, is this your new tactic? carpet bomb the thread with numerous posts all saying the same thing? It almost looks like you are arguing with yourself.

The last person to do that successfully was Confederate General Braxton Bragg...a very cantankerous person in his own right.
Post Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:52 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

LOL LOL Well If I had any control over how many times it posted... It would have only appeared once. For some silly reason it posted as many times as I tired to get it to submit. I'll have to let Steve know how it happened. Since I wasn't logged in. I didn't see the "YES" or "NO" radial control. So I tried to submit it a couple of times which didn't seem to allow it to post. It kept coming back to the message response with the Option to post. I kept expecting another screen to ask yes or no. I didn't see that I had to click on a yes or no before even starting the reply. But since I only submitted one with the control changed to "YES" I didn't expect it to post with every submit. Only the last one that I used the "YES".

I understand what he is trying to do. But I wasn't the only one to have a problem attempting not to log in.
Post Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:22 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
biggie

"I understand what he is trying to do. But I wasn't the only one to have a problem attempting not to log in."

Ted,

I feel your pain. It isn't clear to me still, when the post gets submitted vis a vis the "Submit Post selection.

There are others, including me, who have submitted multiple posts!

Now I hit the "Yes" from the drop down list before I started typing this reply. I'll check how many responses are posted after I hit "Submit".

We'll sort it out in short order. Hopefully Steve will remove redundant posts to releive the tedium of wading through multiple identical posts. And yes, I always forget to log in first.

Biggie
Post Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:07 am 
biggie

"I understand what he is trying to do. But I wasn't the only one to have a problem attempting not to log in."

Ted,

I feel your pain. It isn't clear to me still, when the post gets submitted vis a vis the "Submit Post selection.

There are others, including me, who have submitted multiple posts!

Now I hit the "Yes" from the drop down list before I started typing this reply. I'll check how many responses are posted after I hit "Submit".

We'll sort it out in short order. Hopefully Steve will remove redundant posts to relieve the tedium of wading through multiple identical posts. And yes, I always forget to log in first.

Biggie
Post Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:09 am 
biggie

Yep there is the double post.

This time, I hit reply, typed this content and will now hit "Yes"; then "Submit" to see if there is a double post;

If so, then perhaps the "Yes" is submitting the post as well as the subsequent "Submit"?
Post Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:13 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: