FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Adam gets 3000 votes!

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
rapunzel

WOW! Good job Adam!

It truly does not matter that your opponent received 593 more R votes. The dems in total got 27,000 votes in a primary.

What truly matters is 3000 people voted for you on your first time running for anything. Yuille got 329 votes.

3000 votes is nothing short of outstanding!

Hold your head high, young man. I applaud your efforts!

RAP
Post Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:24 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

you noticed that too. he was only beaten by 59? votes. Not too shabby. Gleason Stomped on Patsy! I think adam would have gotten more if people weren't so afraid patsy might actually get the Nomination. LOL Jumped ship to vote against her. knowing this is a anti republican area.

Still Outstanding showing By Mr. Ford!
Post Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:34 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

I second Rap's post!

I think Adam had two yard signs out, one in his yard and the other in Ted's less than a block apart!LOL

GOOD JOB ADAM!

Post Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:38 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Adam

Thank you. If I get this race again I don't expect it to be close. I am very pleased with the Flint Journal for helping me out. We are extremely unorganized and in no position to win races like this at the Republican county party. I will fight hard to change that. I'm surprised Patsy lost so badly. Overall I do think democratic voters made the correct decision. It is nice that we will most likely be getting a much more moderate senator this time around. Gleason is supposed to be pro-life and I have heard he is much more moderate than Emerson. I intend to work with Bob on his campaign but if he loses I would hope to meet with our next senator so I can press for job creation and share my strategies. By the way I do intend to do much more for my next race that I enter.

Republicans need to call (810) 235-5014 and visit http://www.geneseegop.org/page_1.html Hopefully our website will be getting better as well.

It's hard to win without volunteers. It's hard to get volunteers without a volunteer network in place.

It was nice to have a decent showing with so little effort. I was hoping the council meetings might have been enough to carry me but i was wrong.

Adam Ford
Post Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:24 pm 
ellwoodflint

awesome job adam,

im a dem but I was rooting for you on the other side
Post Wed Aug 09, 2006 3:27 pm 
rapunzel

The dem party is sad. They should have backed one candidate that was a true dem. Clack, Minore and Curtis split 12,000 votes could have easily beaten quasi dem candidates.

True many thought the only chance to beat patsy was to vote Gleason.

sad when you can't work together.

What is really sad is all FIVE millages went through. All my neighbors that didn't bother to VOTE can't complain about Flint taxes paying for out county issues. Flint taxed twice and our schools will not get a millage through.

Did any one notice the graffiti and poor condition of the schools when they went in to VOTE?
Post Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:34 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Don isn't campaigning anymore. What did we expect? Too Busy painting parks.. Oops, I mean painting A park for his wifes campaign. And Bob cook has been promoted. I guess no one else is taking up the slack.
Post Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:36 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
zcflint05

If I wanted to vote for Gleason then I would have just switched the the Republican side of the ballot and voted for a Republican, because that's what what we're getting. Gleason doesn't give a crap about the cities and only cares about townships--because that's how he's going to win every election. But he's still a better choice than that fraud Fatsy Poo.
Post Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:42 am 
Dave

As long as Denise Graves is head of the local party, the GOP will go no where. Bring back Jean Ann Webster!
Post Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:36 pm 
Adam Ford
F L I N T O I D

You're pretty astute Rapunzel. We definately moved in the right direction with Gleason's election. I think Gleason would make a great Republican. I think there is no debating that Gleason is much more conservative than Emerson was. Although I will be supporting Longlois I am not too disappointed with our next pro-life senator.

If I was a democrat I would be disappointed in the democratic county party. Although we are heavily democratic in the Flint area the democrats do not seem very well organized. Money and union activism talk. I saw the democratic county party as playing very little if any role in this election. Without union support Gleason would have had a much tougher time. Without businesses there are no unions.

I would like to meet Ms. Webster. I think I have heard she had trouble with financial management. I expect our county Republicans to get better. We need more precinct delegates though. Even if all you do is do the one vote a year at the county convention that would be helpful. I think I will be nominating and supporting Henry Hatter as chairman for the county party. I think it is time the Republicans target Flint. I think Henry Hatter is the man to do that so I will be supporting Henry Hatter. I would take Henry Hatter over A.C. Dumas any day. I think it's time black and white people once again unite under the Republicann party. When we did that last time around we eliminated slavery. Now under democratic leadership blacks typicallly have horrible schools, low opportunity, and 14 million dead black children from abortion alone. I believe a black person is much better off living in a white Republican city than they are a heavily black democratic area. It was our black democratic mayor that helped completely block black people from starting home business. Perhaps his thinking was who needs black businesses when you can have welfare and affirmative action.

For all of Flint I think people need to decide if we need more non profits/social welfare programs or more jobs and businesses. Republicans are the party of businesses and Democrats are generally the party for higher taxes which I think is why Flint went to pot while Republican Lapeer has held strong. Lapeer understands job creation and what businesses need.

THe only instance I know where a heavily democratic city like Flint made a dramatic improvement was when the Republican Rudolph Giuliani won in New York City. The results were dramatic. Many people considered NYC hopeless. Giuliani proved them wrong with a 50-60% reduction in crime along with many other things.

Adam Ford
Post Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:15 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: