FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Detroit police say 683 guns surrendered in 5-day buyback

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Adam

I think Flint should have a program like this.

http://www.mlive.com/newsflash/michigan/index.ssf?/base/news-36/115499037534790.xml&storylist=newsmichigan

For about $10,000 I bet we could get a few hundred guns off our streets. I think it's a good investment.
Post Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:09 pm 
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

From the 2006 STATE OF THE CITY ADDRESS

I ANNOUNCED A $3,000 REWARD TO ANYONE WHO HELPS US
    RECOVER ANY AUTOMATIC ASSAULT WEAPON USED IN ANY FLINT HOMICIDE.
    THIS IS A GOOD DECISION WHICH FOSTERS GREAT TEAMWORK!

$3000.00 for one gun is a good deal!

http://www.flinttalk.com/viewtopic.php?p=1080&highlight=reward#1080

Post Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:34 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Steve Myers schreef:

King Don has a few gaps in his personal weapon collection and is willing to pay for the right "objets d'art".

Besides you never know when the citizenry may get unruly...it is prudent to have a couple of full auto ARs around, just in case....like if you run out of candy on Halloween and you've invited the entire youth population of the city to the mayoral mansion.....you want to call it a night...just pop a few rounds into the air and clear the grounds in seconds flat.

Hey, nothing says "the party's over, go home" like an AK-47

Long Live King Don!
Post Tue Aug 08, 2006 8:49 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Steve Myers schreef:

http://www.flinttalk.com/viewtopic.php?p=1080&highlight=reward#1080

BIG DEAL!! The Don and the police department knew about an assualt rifle stolen from my neighbors house! THey Both even knew right where it was being kept. The DOn and Police Did nothing. Have still done nothing!! THe guy was finally caught using (possibly) one of the weapons he stolen from my nieghbors house 9stole the whole gun safe) yet the police seem to not have recovered the weapons.

What good is it to offer a reward for Guns used in crimes. If you refuse to take them out of the hands of criminals when you already know they have them????
Post Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:08 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

It is obvious you do not like the mayor or his wife.

Instead of snipping at the mayor and his family why don't you post some of the ideas you have to fix the problems you have identified?

Post Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:31 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

OK, What kind of Ideas should I suggest? When you write the Mayor, Write the Chief, call the Chief, go down to the department. Suggest, ask and then demand that police follow up when they already have the evidence. All the Evidence I have they had and told us they had. Yet they did nothing? How do make suggestions to people who just plain refuse to do their job?

What suggestion would you make? When all's they ahd to do. Was send an officer out to the suspects house and pick him up? Oops, he was a snitch for police.. obviously he had a pass to get away with theft.
Post Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:20 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

The Mayor can call the chief to his off and talk to him until his is blue in the face.

It almost takes an act of Congress to get anything done in the city because of the U N I O N S!

Post Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:52 am 
Adam

I thought the mayor was the boss of the police chief. If your boss tells you to do something wouldn't you do it? Doesn't most every police department have a union? I'd be willing to bet NYC police have a union. They're still supposed to be the best police force in the world.

For the gun thing I'd rather spend $3000 to get 30 guns of the streets than just one gun. For $3,000 I'm pretty confident this could happen but we could even have both programs going. I'm really nervous about the AK-47 that is out there ready to kill again. I'm glad that people like us are aware of this reward but are Flint high school students aware?
Post Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:42 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Steve Myers schreef:
The Mayor can call the chief to his off and talk to him until his is blue in the face.

It almost takes an act of Congress to get anything done in the city because of the U N I O N S!

Always managements excuse because they don't have the intelligence or imagination to manage, or have the back bone to properly discipline people. UNIONS have never prevented management from doing its job. Management failing to follow procedure and the contract have though!

BTW, In case you forgot! I voted for Don! It took 6 months to figure out that he had no intention of holding anyone accountable to the Citizens of Flint. His Wife is a very sweet lady. Nothing against her personally. Although with the Mayor. I cannot stand someone who continuously lies. How many documented LIES do you need? How long would you even talk to me if every time I talked to you I lied?
Post Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:07 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: