FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Anyone will do, but ... Patsy Lou Williamson

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

Anyone will do, but ...
FLINT JOURNAL LETTER TO THE EDITOR
FLINT
THE FLINT JOURNAL FIRST EDITION
Sunday, July 30, 2006
JOURNAL READER
Patsy Lou Williamson states she'll be a "citizen senator" if elected. Let's take a peek at what this looks like. She neglected to show up to a debate because she was having a party at her house for another politician. She is using trucks with dealership plates for campaign purposes and hands out dealership cars with dealership plates to her friends like candy - instead of boosting the economy with the sales. She has made several large contributions to the Republican Party, yet is running as a Democrat.

If "citizen" Patsy Lou can't decide where she stands, then how will "citizen senator" Patsy Lou decide where she stands on the tough issues? With so much time and money being spent on having parties, does she even know what the tough issues are? If this is what a "citizen senator" Patsy Lou looks like, then Anyone Will Do But Patsy Lou.

Maria E. Freeman

http://www.mlive.com/columns/fljournal/index.ssf?/base/news-8/115426392529800.xml&coll=5
Post Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:25 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  

quote:
"Steve Myers" Anyone will do, but ...
FLINT JOURNAL LETTER TO THE EDITOR
FLINT
THE FLINT JOURNAL FIRST EDITION
Sunday, July 30, 2006
JOURNAL READER
Patsy Lou Williamson states she'll be a "citizen senator" if elected. Let's take a peek at what this looks like. She neglected to show up to a debate because she was having a party at her house for another politician. She is using trucks with dealership plates for campaign purposes and hands out dealership cars with dealership plates to her friends like candy - instead of boosting the economy with the sales. She has made several large contributions to the Republican Party, yet is running as a Democrat.

If "citizen" Patsy Lou can't decide where she stands, then how will "citizen senator" Patsy Lou decide where she stands on the tough issues? With so much time and money being spent on having parties, does she even know what the tough issues are? If this is what a "citizen senator" Patsy Lou looks like, then Anyone Will Do But Patsy Lou.

Maria E. Freeman

Yeah I try to be an informed voter, but Patsy Lou hasn't convinced me she has what it takes to represent the 27th District......

I don't expect great statesmanship from local leaders, but every elected leader should have integrity, preferably consider themselves a servant to the people they represent [vice looking at the position as an opportunity to enrich oneself] and at the least be able to chew gum and walk at the same time. Better still they feel about the issues the same way I do, but I know thats rarely going to happen.

Ok so how does Patsy Lou fare?

1. Integrity - Incomplete. So little known about her. Neither a minus or plus.

2. Servant to the people - well she & "the donald" have spent a lot of their own money for Flint related issues, I give her the plus here.

3. Walk & Chew Gum - well if her TV ads are any indication, she not only can't do both at the same time, I fear she might not be able to even one at a time. Look, at the end of the day, a candidate has to have certain communication skills to convinvce the electorate that they deserve your & my vote. If they have neither the communication skills to do so, nor charisma to just look worthy without opening their mouths, then they won't convince me they have what I think it takes [and remember I don't expect a lot from our local pols].

Frankly given the resources she has vice the other candidates, I think her handlers know she might not strike a resonant chord with the voters in debates and thus are limiting her direct exposure to carefully orchestrated events and using a sign campaign to get name recognition out there for the drive-by voter who does no research beyond "eeny meeny miney moe" when they enter the booth on Aug 8th....or look at the names, all alien to them and say "well thats a nice name, lets vote for her/him"...

and I guess given how few Americans exercise their franchise to vote, especially in primaries, if she gets elected, well we get the government we deserve as the saying goes.
Post Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:05 pm 
John Wilson
F L I N T O I D

she donated thousands to George Bush and the Republicans. She is a Republican fraud.

WILLIAMSON, PATSY L MRS
FLINT,MI 48503

9/22/2003
$500
National Republican Congressional Cmte

5/27/2003
$300
National Republican Congressional Cmte

12/5/2003
$2,000
Bush, George W

5/15/2004
$300
America's PAC (Conservative Lobby Group)

1/10/2003
$500
Republican National Cmte
Post Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:50 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: