FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: Governor thinks more time for the crime....

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Richard
F L I N T O I D

If she thinks this is a solution to the crime problems in Flint, well she is not as smart as she thinks. History shows by adding jail time to a specific crime is not the answer to reducing or stopping a crime from happening. There is more that has to be done.
Where are the local people who can stop this? You know, like the NAACP since they seem to always get their noses out of joint everytime they feel a person is discriminated against. Why are they not organizing watch groups, patrolling the neighborhoods like the Angels used to do in L.A. How about them getting more involved in the community with educational programs targeted at younger kids to keep them from shooting each other. After all, the shootings are Black on Black crimes. Whatever happened to taking care of your brother-perhaps a Million Man March should take place in Flint!
Post Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:24 pm 
ellwoodflint

Everyone knows this is in place for the election. She is doing what every politician does at this time of year. That does not make her good or bad, just a politician.
We hear mostly about black on black crimes because this city is over 80% black americans. If you did the math and made a percentage of white deaths and murders (on the east side) you may be surprised at the comparison.
We as a community can only "tattle" on what we see. There are programs with our youth year round that addresses these issues. You can only do so much on the outside of a home. What we need are stricter laws against parents. These kids are on the streets allowing other kids and bad adults to raise them. Until parents are made accountable for their childs behavior, they will do nothing and nothing will change. We can support our youth, but we cannot raise them.
This may be off but it's my opinion
Post Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:04 pm 
Richard
F L I N T O I D

I appreciate your thoughts and can agree with you. I still believe that music videos and what they portray have a major influence on today's kids.
Post Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:43 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: