FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: So the violence continues....

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Richard
F L I N T O I D

Once again I am amazed and frustrated with the amount of violence Flint continues to have on a day to day basis. Rappers shot and killed, two in a matter of days of each other. Will there ever be a solution to this crisis in Flint?
Surprising a funeral home would go out of business in a town like Flint with all the murders taking place. But I guess people murdered are not ones who would have the resources to pay for a funeral anyways.
Post Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:05 am 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Richard, Here is the real kicker. I'll beat you dollars to donuts. That every single suspect or alleged suspect has a case on file downtown in one of those over 2000 complaints of identified suspects that the Police department is and has been sitting on for years. These are criminals that Police could have picked up. Could have prosecuted, Could have put behind bars. but have refused to. I'll bet They've got some of the same suspects in other crimes identified for multiple cases. Yet, they still sit there! Now that is what I call Mayoral leadership! Instead of having 7 police cars and 12 officers out picking up these suspects and tracking them down (many times it's nothing more than driving over to the house with a warrant and actually arresting them) The Mayor has the Police arresting paper carriers at City hall or trying to intimidate Flint housing Commission Leaders. Way to go DON!! How many criminals were arrested at the Last housing commission Sting?? NONE?? How’s that for metrics? Do we measure the Outcome of 12 police officers and no arrests as a good sound measurement of the use of the Flint Police Force? Do we consider that to be a BASELINE or had the mayor had 13 officers there then maybe we could have caught at least one criminal and had them arrested. If the whole police force had arrested two people per day they worked in 2005. There wouldn’t be any criminals left in Flint. Don’t seem like that much when you break it down, does it. http://www.cityofflint.net/honest_statistics.htm Nothing wrong with these numbers! These are just the facts broken down in order to understand the BIG PICTURE! I document everything.
Post Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:48 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  

"The Mayor has the Police arresting paper carriers at City hall or trying to intimidate Flint housing Commission Leaders. Way to go DON!! How many criminals were arrested at the Last housing commission Sting??"

TJ, you know cops aren't stupid. Its much safer putting the arm on a newspaper carrier in city hall, or harrassing other governmental officials than going up to the north side to serve some arrest warrants.

Whatchu talkin' 'bout Willis???......you wanna get me hurt?

Cops, like anyone else, will take the path of least resistance.....ometimes that path goes by a donut shop.

Lookit the "don" he hasn't missed too many pudge pills either.

biggie
Post Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:33 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: