FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: This should help Hillarys campaign

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Let Gynosaurs Like Steinem Stay In Tar Pits
By MICHELLE MALKIN | Posted Wednesday, March 05, 2008 4:30 PM PT

Behold with me the politics of gynocentrism. What a depressing and desiccative sight it is. Just look at Gloria Steinem.

From once-ripe feminist icon to idea-barren harridan, she offers nothing to young women but anachronistic man-hate, anti-military bigotry and woe-is-me wallowing.

A once-ripe feminist icon turned idea-barren harridan rises in defense of Hillary.
Hope and change? Try harp and whinge. Some things get better with age. The women's rights movement isn't one of them.

In the dark and desperate days of gynocandidate Hillary Clinton's presidential campaign, Team Hill dragged Steinem out of the leftist dustbin for a grieve-a-thon in Austin, Texas.

The 73-year-old activist sulked about Barack Obama's ascendancy to the New York Observer, blaming voters who "want redemption for racism" and complaining that not "as many want redemption for the gynocide."

What does she mean by gynocide? "There are six million female lives lost in the world every year simply because they are female," Steinem asserted, making a passing reference to pregnant women killed by male partners. Presumably, she's not including the millions of unborn girls aborted around the world every year because of their gender. (Not exactly the kind of empowerment the fist-raising, bra-burning pro-choicers had in mind.)

And nothing in Steinem's record indicates that she's thinking of the untold numbers of girls and women murdered for "honor" in the name of Allah by Muslim relatives.

It's Western men Steinem detests. You know, the ones who watch football, whom the NOW propagandists tried to blame for a mythic rise in domestic violence on Super Bowl Sundays and the ones who serve in the U.S. armed forces — like that gyno-enemy, John McCain.

As the Observer reported, Steinem launched into a full-scale tirade about McCain's war heroism — peddling a double standard that simply doesn't exist:

"Suppose John McCain had been Joan McCain, and Joan McCain had got captured, shot down and been a POW for eight (sic) years. (The media would ask), 'What did you do wrong to get captured? What terrible things did you do while you were there as a captive for eight years?' "

In fact, nasty anonymous fliers in South Carolina did attack McCain's years in captivity, and liberal Web sites have spotlighted the grievances, doubts and conspiracy theories of some of McCain's fellow POWs.

But it's not just about John McCain. "Steinem's broader argument was that the media and the political world are too admiring of militarism in all its guises," the Observer helpfully explained.

"I am so grateful that she (Clinton) hasn't been trained to kill anybody. And she probably didn't even play war games as a kid," Steinem spewed, later adding that "from George Washington to Jack Kennedy and PT-109, we have behaved as if killing people is a qualification for ruling people."

From Vietnam to Iraq, self-contradictory feminists have always behaved as if serving in the military was about nothing more than "killing people" — even as they clamored to put women on the front lines in combat roles in the name of gender equality.

Leave it to the progressive left to smear their sisters after pushing for decades to integrate them into the "war machine." They don't care about the accomplished careers of women in the armed services. They care about haranguing Congress on government funding for their favorite contraceptive pills and abortions, portraying female soldiers as victims, hounding military recruiters, and exploiting accusations of harassment and abuse to undermine military institutions.

American women are the freest, wealthiest, most educated in the world. They are liberated enough to choose someone for president other than a female candidate out of uterus-based loyalty. This should be viewed as progress, not heresy.

But the old-guard feminists — the "ruling people" — deeply resent this independence as they cling to what's left of their power base and their shrinking absolute moral authority card.

Like their increasingly whiny candidate Clinton, Gloria Steinem and the fading gynosaurs just can't accept when it's time to quit.

Copyright 2008 Creators Syndicate, Inc

Email To Friend | Print | View All Editorials | Search

Post Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:23 am 
Adam Ford
F L I N T O I D

http://www.suntimes.com/news/elections/826778,limbaugh030508.article

This may also help Hillary.
Conservative talk show host Rush Limbaugh claimed at least partial credit today for Hillary Clinton's victories in Texas and Ohio.

Limbaugh spent much of his show Monday exhorting Republican listeners to cross over and vote in the Democratic primary for Hillary Clinton to prevent Democrats from unifying around Barack Obama as Republicans have done around John McCain.

“What we did, if we did anything, is to create a bunch of chaos in the Democrat Party and it worked,” Limbaugh said.
Post Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:05 am 
Demeralda
F L I N T O I D

He'd like to think he's that influential. Yeah right.

That woman writer sounds way more like a femi-nazi than Gloria Steinem. A big chip on her shoulder, perhaps? Maybe she's not getting the $50K speaking engagements?

She's actually even worse than the subject she's attacking -- At least Gloria Steinem doesn't waste her time disparaging other women.
Post Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:07 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

[quote]He'd like to think he's that influential. Yeah right.[/quote
Hard for you to stomach I know but what other reason could explain all those republicans suddenly throwing support behind Billary? Confused And it worked damn well. Laughing

Post Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:49 pm 
Demeralda
F L I N T O I D

I think that idea occurred to many people without regard to him. Isn't that what you'd do?
Post Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:33 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

You may be right and yes I would. Very Happy

Post Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:47 pm 
squash
F L I N T O I D

Wouldn't you prefer that John McCain win the hearts and minds of the people in a spirited debate of the issues then go on to a victory in a fair general election. I know I know the Dems did it first. This could have been the GOP's chance to take the high road. Of course Rush rarely takes the high road. Secondly, how does a die hard Hillary Hater feel after walking into the booth and voting for her. Do they run home to shower? Or do they feel like they're doing their part for the republic? This is why people have largely tuned out on politics. All this dirty trickery and tomfoolery makes our leaders look foolish, and people like Rush Limbaugh make the whole process seem downright laughable. It seems like you're rooting for the other team's best player to break their leg.
Post Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:16 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Hey its politics. Play fair aint in the play book. As far as a laughable process you been following the Dem party lately. Laughing Allow the votes dont allow the votes redo the whole thing dont redo the whole thing. Let hillary have em dont let Hillary have em. It just gets better as it goes along. Laughing

Post Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:26 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: