FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Josh!!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Josh Freeman
F L I N T O I D

There is a public hearing tonight at 5:30 on this proposed ordinance at City Hall....
Post Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:35 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

quote:
How about asking the council the same thing. It's a 2 way street.

You are correct it is a two way street!

So when the the Council proposes a compromise. Why won't he even discuss it? With the Don it is always "My way or the Highway". So why blame City Council? WHy say they should compromise. Why not just say. THey should roll over and play dead, and le tthe Don do what ever he wants. Maybe then we wouldn't in a budget defecit? Wrong! We are in budget crisis now because the Mayor OVER SPENT. Did what ever he wanted without Council approve and when they bring that to light. People in the Community tell them they need to work with the Mayor? I don't understand that logic?

Maybe you can enlighten me. I just don't get it.

It's ok to spend over budget as long as some streets get paved? Is that it? It's ok to overspend if we hire more police to run in circles? I'm just not unedrstanding. Help me out here.
Post Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:40 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Adam
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Ted Jankowski schreef:

quote:
How about asking the council the same thing. It's a 2 way street.

So when the the Council proposes a compromise. Why won't he even discuss it? With the Don it is always "My way or the Highway". So why blame City Council? WHy say they should compromise. Why not just say. THey should roll over and play dead, and le tthe Don do what ever he wants. Maybe then we wouldn't in a budget defecit? Wrong! We are in budget crisis now because the Mayor OVER SPENT. Did what ever he wanted without Council approve and when they bring that to light. People in the Community tell them they need to work with the Mayor? I don't understand that logic?

Maybe you can enlighten me. I just don't get it.

It's ok to spend over budget as long as some streets get paved? Is that it? It's ok to overspend if we hire more police to run in circles? I'm just not unedrstanding. Help me out here.

What compromise are you taling about? Williamson is the chief executive officer so he does have the ability to "pull rank".

People in the community might be biased against the council because the Flint city council hasn't gotten much of anything done. I'd even rate Don Williamson's performance as better than the Flint city council even with Williamson's poor financial management.
Post Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:26 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

quote:
What compromise are you taling about? Williamson is the chief executive officer so he does have the ability to "pull rank".

People in the community might be biased against the council because the Flint city council hasn't gotten much of anything done. I'd even rate Don Williamson's performance as better than the Flint city council even with Williamson's poor financial management.

The constant dicussions that Council members have had where they thought they had come to a compromise with meetings with the Don, Bill Arye, Joe Conroy. They meet with him to discuss budget issues he says one thing then the next day something else. This should be even mroe evident with his state fo the City Speak. The Budget is fine the budget is in the Red. Crime went down one million precent yet there was only a 2.5 percent drop in the last year?

Council continually gets bitched at for things they have no control over. My trash didn't get picked up, My councilman won't get that taken care of for me. My trees need to be cut My councilman won't get that taken care of for me. There is trash in the park and my councilman won't get it cleaned up. NONE of those usual gripes and complaints do they have a thing they personally can do. They must go through the Mayor's office for all of it!

C'mon now!
Post Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:52 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Adam
F L I N T O I D

If the council really wanted information they could do investigations and subpoenas. Maybe they should get blamed for stuff. If trash isn't getting picked up and they do a referral the next step is an investigation. They have an attorney at council meetings and a recording secretary they could do it then.

Just because the council has some good speakers and gives a good spin at the meetings doesn't mean they are that great. Who was the one that drafted the ordinance for them? They couldn't even make some simple fixes on it before they had the hearing on it.

Flint is very anti-business from what I have seen and the majority of that blame goes on the council for not repealing any ordinances.

It's a little disheartening to me to hear so much lipservice from people who fail to investigate and do due diligence. I still think the council should investigate the union contract issue. Why would Hagler want to be the official police chief if it would make him loose his pension? Maybe if the council would have done their due dilligence we wouldn't need another ordinance to add to the half a foot or so thick of ordinances we don't follow.
Post Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:56 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

While I would still defend the Council. THAT IS A VERY VALID POINT! They have let the political wind blowing across the Great City of Flint to dictate their reactions. However, much of what they haven't been able to do is because of not enough support from within the Council itself. Due to Mayorial supporters. If they can keep just enough chaos. The Council can continue to be blamed.
Post Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:01 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: