FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: State of the City?
Goto page Previous  1, 2
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Well he has reduced crime. Laughing Laughing
Post Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:57 am 
Josh Freeman
F L I N T O I D

quote:
twotap schreef:
Well he has reduced crime. Laughing Laughing

Well... probably not in total.. while homicides are down, I would bet that the crimes that affect the quality of life here in the City the greatest, robbery, larceny, burglery... have probably risen....
Post Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:34 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
twotap
F L I N T O I D

I probably should have included a couple of theses in my post. Wink Wink
Post Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:41 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

According to the City of Flint. There were 300 less crimes in Flint in 2007. I'm still waiting on the City website to be updated. If it's not by the end of the week. I'll FOIA it!

This si supposed to be public information. But it continues to be more and more difficult to get this out of this administration.
Post Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:45 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Demeralda
F L I N T O I D

I love the artificial comparisons that are made to make it look like a good number.

As others have pointed out, crime went up drastically first before he could start making claims of improvement.

From the numbers I've seen, Josh is correct: murder is down, sure. "Violent crime", maybe. But all the other stuff like burglary is either constant or has gone up.

Oh, and by the way.... do they measure that PER CAPITA? I bet not. I bet it's only in raw numbers; the decrease in our population alone is probably enough to have reduced crime. haha.
Post Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:21 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:
the decrease in our population alone is probably enough to have reduced crime. haha.

Well at least murder cause the shooters have run out of shootees but of course their is always a fresh batch being brewed up as we speak. Laughing
Post Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:35 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Ya know, one would think so wouldn't ya>? Unfortunately, ... as hard working, tax paying citizens leave. Criminals find it easier to commit crime. And crime actually goes up. Sad fact.
Post Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:57 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: