FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Why carry a gun ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Ponycar
F L I N T O I D

That was hilarious 2 tap. I'm gonna turn my house into a gun free zone just to ensure that f I was ever a victim of a home invasion, the perp would not be armed. Naw, that would mean that I would have to get rid of my arsenal.

Hold the criminals accountable for their crimes, not their guns.
Post Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:28 pm 
last time here

oh-oh..police in boston are preparing to search homes in the
economically challenged areas without warrants to confiscate
unregistered weapons.... Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Post Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:16 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Oh my what a shock and from the home state of the Kennedys Kerry and that ever lovin Barney Frank. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:44 pm 
Ponycar
F L I N T O I D

Please give the details LTH. Police can't search without a warrant or an exception ( consent, search incident to arrest, inventory, inspection, or extrigent circumstance) 4th amendment of the constitution, the supreme law of the land protects us from unreasonable search and seizure.. I just don't believe that the police in Boston are just going to go busting in homes to consifscate unregistered weapons. If they really are preparing to search homes, theres more to it than what you are telling us. Any lawyer would have a field day with that.
Post Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:54 pm 
last time here

www.boston.com

Post Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:09 am 
Ponycar
F L I N T O I D

As Boston police prepare to go into some of the city's most dangerous neighborhoods, knock on doors of private houses, and ask if they can search for illegal guns without a warrant, officials are trying to pitch the idea of the plan as friendly cooperation to residents who still see it as a threatening intrusion.

If police ask to search for illegal guns and the person occupying that home says OK, then that would be consent.

Since announcing the initiative in November, police have held several community meetings about the program and developed an advisory council of religious and community leaders. They suggested that the brochures make clear that residents do not have to consent to the search, and they urged that ministers or social workers accompany police during searches, French said.

This paragraph sums it up. Key word, consent.
Post Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:35 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

I wouldn't give consent unless they have a warrant. what would be next, warrantless searches for anything without consent?

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:26 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Wht happens when they come across that bag of crack junior uses to supplement the family income. Laughing

Post Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:34 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

News From Second Amendment Sisters, Inc.
900 R.R. 620 S

Suite C101, Box 228

Lakeway, TX 78734
World Wide Web: http://www.2asisters.org

==============================
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE 02/07/08

For additional information contact:

Genie Jennings, SAS Spokesperson
Phone: 877-271-6216
E-mail: saspress@2asisters.org

Lakeway, TX - SAS DEMANDS RECALL OF 'DEFECTIVE' GUN-FREE ZONE IN LOUISIANA!

Second Amendment Sisters understands that 'gun-free zones' have been initiated by well-intentioned people throughout the country. Sadly, on February 8, 2008, a young woman was able to bring a gun into the 'gun-free zone' at Louisiana Technical College. She murdered two female students, and then took her own life. Our condolences go out to the families and friends of the victims of this violence.

Obviously, although the concept of simply not allowing guns into an area as a means of protecting ourselves and our children feels good, this 'gun-free zone' is not functioning as intended. Public safety has, thereby, been severely adversely affected.

Second Amendment Sisters demands that the 'defective' gun-free zone be revoked. Gun-free zones provide the potential victims within them with a false feeling of security. In addition they signal to the aggressor that he will meet little resistance within their boundaries. Gun-free zones are protection-free zones. Too often they become killing zones.

We suggest, instead, that decent, honest citizens who have concealed carry permits once again be allowed into all areas of the community. The public is always the first line of defense against criminals and terrorists. We have a right to life; we have a right to protect that life and the lives of those around us; we have a right to the means to do so.

Other localities might wish to check their own gun free zones for defects. Defects are rampant as they are inherent in the concept. We cannot provide safety through proclamation.

Second Amendment Sisters is a grassroots organization dedicated to preserving the individual basic human right to self-defense.

###

Second Amendment Sisters, Inc. | 900 RR 620 S | Suite C-101, Box 228 | Lakeway | TX | 78734

Post Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:27 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhyuJzjOcQE&NR=1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGGmFj9282Q&feature=related

Post Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:56 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

I have a standing offer to provide, free of charge, an 8 1/2" X 11" window sign that states: "THIS IS A GUN FREE HOUSE". I've never had anyone take me up on it.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:07 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
last time here

DAMN thats a sweet nova!! Confused Confused Confused Confused

Post Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:24 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Easy score for the punks???? Laughing Laughing http://www.breitbart.tv/?p=48444
Post Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:27 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: