FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Conyers control your woman.LOL

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Kilpatrick aide: Conyers threatened me
Christine MacDonald / The Detroit News
DETROIT -- An aide to Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick filed a police report today claiming Monica Conyers, the short-tempered City Council president pro-tem and wife of U.S. Rep. John Conyers, threatened to get a gun and shoot him at a city pension board meeting.

But a spokesman for Conyers says she was the real victim in the hubbub.

According to the police report filed today by DeDan Milton, an assistant to Kilpatrick, Conyers "threatened to shoot (Milton) with her gun" and made "several aggressive movements toward (Milton) in a threatening manner."

Milton also reported to police that Conyers said she would "have my brothers (mess) you up."

David Clark, chair of Detroit's General Retirement System, backed up Milton's account.

"She ran at him," Clark told The Detroit News. "She told him she would get a gun if she had to and that she has four brothers and they would whoop his a-- if she asked them."

In his police report, Milton said members of Conyers' staff, and others at the meeting, had to restrain her. But Sam Riddle, Conyers' chief of staff, said Milton was the one who had to be restrained. Riddle, who said he witnessed the squabble, said Milton started it by telling Conyers to shut up -- and using an expletive.

Milton declined to be interviewed, and Riddle said Conyers didn't want to talk about the confrontation.

Clark said the pension board plans to meet in a closed session Wednesday to discuss how to handle the situation. He said the board could ask the city council to remove Conyers from the post. A member of council sits on both the city's general retirement board and the police and fire retirement board. Conyers was appointed to the board by her council colleagues.

Clark said the verbal battle started when Conyers came late to the board meeting and wanted to talk about an investment issue that the trustees had already discussed.

"The comment that was made (by Milton) was, 'Can we move forward? We've already discussed this,'" Clark said. "That's what triggered everything."

He said Conyers said she could do what she wanted and called Milton foul names. Clark also said Conyers ran toward Milton and had to be restrained by other trustees.

Riddle said Conyers never threatened Milton, and just defended herself from his bullying. Riddle said she did mention the word "gun," but not in the way Milton claimed and Clark recalled.

"She said she has as big of a political gun as he does," Riddle said. "You can't put the victim of the abuse on trial."

Riddle partially faulted the mayor for the incident, saying his administration has show a pattern of disrespect toward women. He cited Matt Allen, who stepped down as Kilpatrick's press secretary after pleading guilty to domestic violence in December.

"This is an administration that has shown it doesn't care about women," Riddle said. "Matt Allen can slam a woman's head into the wall and he's still on the payroll."

Riddle said he thinks Milton filed the report as a payback for her criticisms of Kilpatrick in the $8.4 million whistle-blower scandal.

"They don't like what she is doing on council," Riddle said. "This is another bullying tactic by the Kilpatrick administration."

Riddle said he is recommending that Conyers, as the wife of a congressman, seek protection from the U.S. marshals.

"We don't know who we can trust in the city of Detroit," Riddle said.

You can reach Christine MacDonald at (313) 222-2396 or cmacdonald@detnews.com.

/2008

Post Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:06 am 
last time here

their attempting to muddle the mess. kilpatrick is getting nervous now
that his appeal has failed and "certain" text messages may be disclosed.
everyone has a short temper. it's a mess. i feel for detroit. gonna get
worse before it gets better!!!

Post Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:14 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

lt Detroit has already hit bottom.

Post Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:23 am 
Demeralda
F L I N T O I D

So not only are we paying them for this silliness, but now they're clogging up the legal system with this petty BS?
I'm so tired of politics.
Post Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:44 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Hey at least its the weekend coming up. Look on the bright side. Very Happy Very Happy

Post Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:59 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Demeralda schreef:
So not only are we paying them for this silliness, but now they're clogging up the legal system with this petty BS?
I'm so tired of politics.

Hey, it's only taxpayers' money. It's not like it's real money. Rolling Eyes

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:36 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Or their own. Laughing Laughing

Post Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:39 pm 
slrnow
F L I N T O I D

Hey, it was shaping up to be a dull winter-had a little cabin fever in the 313 so...-sam riddle
Post Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:34 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Thought I would post Conyers voting record. Apparently his antigun stance does not include his lovely mildtempered wife. Laughing http://www.ontheissues.org/MI/John_Conyers.htm

Post Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:51 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: