FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Obama would trace bullets.lol

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
twotap
F L I N T O I D

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D8T1J9K80&show_article=1

MILWAUKEE (AP) - Barack Obama said Friday that the country must do "whatever it takes" to eradicate gun violence following a campus shooting in his home state, but he believes in an individual's right to bear arms.
Obama said he spoke to Northern Illinois University's president Friday morning by phone and offered whatever help his Senate office could provide in the investigation and improving campus security. How about letting honest citizens in your state have the same rights as 40 other states The Democratic presidential candidate spoke about the Illinois shooting to reporters while campaigning in neighboring Wisconsin.

The senator, a former constitutional law instructor, said some scholars argue the Second Amendment to the Constitution guarantees gun ownerships only to militias, but he believes it grants individual gun rights.

"I think there is an individual right to bear arms, but it's subject to commonsense regulation" like background checks, he said during a news conference. Hey baracko we already have that

He said he would support federal legislation based on a California law that would facilitate immediate tracing of bullets used in a crime. He said even though the California law was passed over the strong objection of the National Rifle Association, he thinks it's the type of law that gun owners and crime victims can get behind.

Five people, including the shooter, were killed during Thursday's ambush inside a lecture hall. Authorities said the two guns used were purchased legally less then a week ago.

"Today we offer them our thoughts and prayers, but we also have to offer them our determination to do whatever it takes to eradicate this violence from our streets, from our schools, from our neighborhoods and our cities," Obama said. "That is our duty as Americans."

Although Obama supports gun control , while campaigning in gun-friendly Idaho earlier this month, he said he does not intend to take away people's guns.

At his news conference, he voiced support for the District of Columbia's ban on handguns, which is scheduled to be heard by the Supreme Court next month.
And there is Barackos stand on gun ownership all in one sentence. "The notion that somehow local jurisdictions can't initiate gun safety laws to deal with gang bangers and random shootings on the street isn't born out by our Constitution," Obama said.
Yup well just make the gangbangers law abiding citizens. Why the hell didnt anyone think of that. Damn this guy is smart.
Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Laughing Laughing

Post Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:52 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

There's a bill in the Illinois legislature that would require "microstamping" a unique code on each shell casing so the person that purchased it could be identified. The owner would be held responsible for the use of that casing for it's entire life. If someone picks up a piece of your brass at a range & uses it for a crime, you would be responsible.
California had a bill, I don't know if it passed, that would require each firearm to be capable of microstamping each round it fired, so the gun that fired it could be traced. I believe it was STI that immediately stopped all shipment of their guns to California.

When will they outlaw iron pipe nipples and pipe caps, nylon strapping tape, rubber bands, elastic and nails? They can be used to make a gun.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:32 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:
stopped all shipment of their guns to California.

I believe all firearm manufacturers should follow suit and include any of the other states who are defieng the law and attempting to sue them out of business. Like I said so much for BH Obabma being progun.

Post Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:39 pm 
Ponycar
F L I N T O I D

A LITTLE GUN HISTORY

In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control. From 1929 to 1953, about 20 million dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
------------------------------
In 1911, Turkey established gun control. From 1915 to 1917, 1.5 million Armenians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
Germany established gun control in 1938 and from 1939 to 1945, a total of 13 million Jews and others who were unable to defend themselves were rounded up and exterminated.
China established gun control in 1935. From 1948 to 1952, 20 million political dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated
Guatemala established gun control in 1964. From 1964 to 1981, 100,000 Mayan Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
Uganda established gun control in 1970. From 1971 to 1979, 300,000 Christians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
Cambodia established gun control in 1956. From 1975 to 1977, one million educated' people, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
-----------------------------
Defenseless people rounded up and exterminated in the 20th Century because of gun control: 56 million.
It has now been 12 months since gun owners in Australia were forced by new law to surrender 640,381 personal firearms to be destroyed by their own government, a program costing Australia taxpayers more than $500 million dollars. The first year results are now in:

List of 7 items: Australia-wide, homicides are up 3.2 percent Australia-wide, assaults are up 8.6 percent Australia-wide, armed robberies are up 44 percent (yes, 44 percent)!

In the state of Victoria alone, homicides with firearms are now up 300 percent. Note, that while the law-abiding citizens turned them in, the criminals did not, and criminals still possess their guns!

While figures over the previous 25 years showed a steady decrease in armed robbery with firearms, this has changed drastically upward in the past 12 months, since criminals now are guaranteed that their prey is unarmed.

There has also been a dramatic increase in break-ins and assaults of the ELDER LY. Australian politicians are at a loss to explain how public safety has decreased, after such monumental effort, and expense was expended in successfully ridding Australian society of guns. The Australian experience and the other historical facts above prove it.

You won't see this data on the US evening news, or hear politicians disseminating this information. Guns in the hands of honest citizens save lives and property and, yes, gun-control laws adversely affect only the law-abiding citizens.

Take note my fellow Americans, before it's too late!
The next time someone talks in favor of gun control, please remind them of this history lesson.

With guns, we are 'citizens'.
Without them, we are 'subjects'.

During WWII the Japanese decided not to invade America because they knew
most Americans were ARMED!

Post Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:29 pm 
last time here

hmmmmmmmmm. good point.
although i can't say dis-arming DC is a bad idea IF they also get the guns of the bad guys!!!

Post Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:39 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Why does DC deserve to have its second ammendment rights restricted?

Post Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:43 am 
last time here

why don't you go there and take a walk in the "hood". you'll find the
answer. there are vast areas in d.c. that have been abandoned and are desolate. this is larger than "gun rights"!. it's about supporting and
making approachable opportunities to fellow americans. until that is
done i see nothing wrong with making guns illegal in certain areas.

Post Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:38 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

So disarming the honest folks is what Baracko thinks is OK. IDIOT

quote:

i see nothing wrong with making guns illegal in certain areas.

Ya I am sure every gangbanger and party store holdup miscreant will abide by that . LT what are you thinking????

Post Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:57 am 
last time here

you do have a point. the bad guys would keep their weapons..
i guess there is actually no way to stop totally crimes with guns.
perhaps the only way is to allow competant folks to carry. i guess
in my old age and having been what i see now as idealistic, i still wish
for apparently unattainable peace.. what a situation!!!!!!!!

Post Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:06 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

I fully expect to see the ACLU speak up for the criminal community claiming that allowing honest folks the right to carry will jeaopardize the health of carjackers.

Post Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:13 am 
last time here

i am certainly against violence but..........................did you see
s.africa's cure for carjackers!! Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Post Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:59 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Yes I did this oughto get the lib whiners pantys in a bunch.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Flamethrower now an option on S. African cars

December 11, 1998
Web posted at: 10:16 p.m. EDT (0216 GMT)
In this story:

Fire blinds, not kills, maker assures
First customer a Johannesburg police official
Related stories
JOHANNESBURG, South Africa (CNN) -- Crime-obsessed South Africans have a powerful new weapon with which to stop likely criminals: the car flamethrower.

Casting a man-high fireball, reportedly with no damage to the paint, the Blaster has been placed on 25 South African vehicles since its introduction last month.

At 3,900 rand ($655), it offers a cheap, dramatic defense against carjackers. It has yet to be deemed illegal.

South African courts allow killing if convinced that it's in self-defense. The defense is not unheard of. In last year's 13,000 carjackings, criminals often brandished weapons or used them with little provocation.

The Blaster squirts liquefied gas from a bottle in the automobile's trunk through two nozzles, located under the front doors. The gas is then ignited by an electric spark, with fiery consequences.

Both sides flame at the same time, regardless of whether the attack is coming from just one side of the vehicle, or whether passersby are on the other side. But the breadth and depth of blast can be modified according to individual preference.

Fire blinds, not kills, maker assures
Blaster inventor Charl Fourie, 33, disputed concerns that the flamethrower could burn someone to death.

"My personal feeling is that it would definitely blind a person. He will never see again," he said

Firefighters, medical personnel and the police agree 100 percent "that it will never kill a person," Fourie asserted. "This is definitely non-lethal.... A person is not going to stand there for a minute while you roast him. It will fend off the attacker, and that's the end of it."

Fourie has filed an international patent application. He anticipates thousands of orders nationally and from abroad. "The demand is huge," he said.

First customer a Johannesburg police official
The first buyer, Police Superintendent David Walkley of Johannesburg's crime intelligence unit, is satisfied the Blaster is legal, provided it is used correctly.

"It depends entirely on the circumstances and whether you can justify self-defense," he said.

"Yes, there are certain risks in using it, but there are also risks in not having anything at
Check it out here.
Laughing Laughing http://www.cnn.com/WORLD/africa/9812/11/flame.thrower.car/240x180.html Talk about PC the jacker appears to be a white female. Laughing Laughing

Post Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:07 pm 
last time here

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing no comment Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:20 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: