FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Council rejects paying $75,000 for Ayre

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

Council rejects contract paying $75,000 for Ayre
Hometown Headlines
FLINT
THE FLINT JOURNAL FIRST EDITION
Wednesday, February 13, 2008
By Joe Lawlor
Journal Staff Writer

FLINT - The City Council unanimously denied a $75,000 contract Monday for former Transportation Director Bill Ayre.

He resigned last year after complaining it was difficult to work with council members. The city did not replace Ayre, but it hired John Carpenter as deputy transportation director.

Mayor Donald Williamson said he's not sure what will happen next.

"I'm shocked," Williamson said.

In other cases, the mayor has circumvented the council by having employees work without contracts.

Councilman Kerry Nelson said he couldn't support spending the money to contract out with Ayre after about a dozen building inspectors and code enforcement officers were laid off.

- Joe Lawlor

Source:
http://www.mlive.com/news/flintjournal/index.ssf?/base/news-48/1202916027170520.xml&coll=5
Post Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:36 pm 
rapunzel11
F L I N T O I D

I guess it takes a long distance call to Bill Ayre while he is on vacation in FLA to get our residential streets plowed.

The street plowing has been non-existant this year. Main streets by schools have not been touched until after school is in session like 9 am. My street has not been plowed at all this year. My road is almost impassable.

Do we have NO one to schedule these drivers of brand new city trucks?

The lack of plowing the side streets directly affects student count and the parents ability to get children to school. This causes less money to Flint Public Schools due to loss of attendence during student count days at the cost of 7200 per child that can not get to school.

Perhaps Flint schools should pay for calls to bill ayre or his employment so residental streets can get plowed.

peace,
RAP

Post Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:36 am 
Josh Freeman
F L I N T O I D

quote:
00SL2 schreef:

Councilman Kerry Nelson said he couldn't support spending the money to contract out with Ayre after about a dozen building inspectors and code enforcement officers were laid off.

- Joe Lawlor

Source:
http://www.mlive.com/news/flintjournal/index.ssf?/base/news-48/1202916027170520.xml&coll=5

I heard that code enforcement is back. Haven't confirmed it though.
Post Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:52 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
last time here

hey josh!! whats the latest?? Shocked Shocked Shocked

Post Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:31 am 
bigmouthconservative
F L I N T O I D

Code Enforcement is back.
None of city the layoffs (other than the temps) really took place! People just bumped around. In other words, little or no money saved.

At least the drunks in the water department got their jobs back. Nice job Sam and Duffy! You have sold your souls to te devil...
Post Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:06 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: