FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Williamson back in the hospital
Goto page Previous  1, 2
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:
And you complain?

Whos complaining just stating what ABC 12 reported.
[quote] IF-- the tree was on city property it's city liability.[/ quote] As a Flint resident I would think you would be checking that out and if it was not (according to ABC 12) thats an interesting use of city employees.

Post Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:57 am 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

Contrary to your statement your statement "I couldnt care less how Flints Mayor uses or misuses its employees" your four posts indicate otherwise. Why don't you, who live outside the county, call and ask the mayor who participated. Knock on the homeowner's door and get all the details. You're now sounding like certain of city council members. Maybe you'd like to move into the first ward and file a petition to run against the newcomer in the special election and put your ideas into action. Would be an "interesting" race.

Quoting twotap:
quote:
I saw on the news he probably became ill after standing out in the cold supervising tax payer paid city workers during the removal of a fallen tree from private property.
http://flinttalk.com/viewtopic.php?p=23968#23968

Hmmm using city employees to do citizens yard work. OK I thought thats what we pay homeowners insurance for. Private tree service anyone.
http://flinttalk.com/viewtopic.php?p=23979#23979

I couldnt care less how Flints Mayor uses or misuses its employees but I am surprised no one from Flint picked up on this the day it was reported. Might be interesting if someone checked to see the homeowners relationship with the Mayor or is this going to be standard practice for the city
http://flinttalk.com/viewtopic.php?p=23991#23991

As a Flint resident I would think you would be checking that out and if it was not (according to ABC 12) thats an interesting use of city employees.
http://flinttalk.com/viewtopic.php?p=24007#24007
Post Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:00 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Well if as you say I am so worried as to what transpires in Flinttown as far as possible misuse of city employees does it not seem reasonable to assume I would have posted my comments the first day I heard them. I would think those who are contributing to Flints economy or lack of would have a concern about possible misuses of their tax dollars but apparently I was wrong. As far as returning to the area I did my time their already, and did not see any stipulations that one must be a current resident to participate in Steves forum. Laughing

Post Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:06 pm 
last time here

aw...come back home 2tap!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:52 am 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

I did not see the story!!!

But if I'm understanding this correctly.

During the aftermath of the Storm. City Workers were going over and above the call of Duty (meaning they were triming more than just what the City was actually responsible for). If this is correct? THEN, I dont' see the BIG DEAL! I understand what the Mayor was doing was, directing employees to trim more than normal because of the threat of more branches falling in the Future. Am i understanding this correctly??

I don't see the Big Deal! I'm the First one that would be more than happy to point out when what he is using City employees for Say Campaign Work or Personal Yard Clean up. But this is (In MY Humble Opinion) something completely different. I'd have to say this was a good thing. While possibly being technically unethical. However, Morally ethical. Why leave these branches to fall again causing the City More work and mOney down the road. Wether it is on the Homeowners side or not. I would call it a good gesture on the Part of the Mayor, and the City.
Post Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:45 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Case closed. Very Happy

Post Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:01 pm 
last time here

OH MY GOD!!! ted speaking up for the mayor?????

Post Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:25 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

For some reason people seem to think I'm Anti DON! I'm anti Stupidity, I'm Anti Lying, I'm anti abuse of City Employees. I'm Anti Crime. I'm not Anti Don.

I become frustrated with people that just slam on him just because he makes it easy. Give him credit when credit is due. Hold him accountable when he should be.

The problem is that he hasn't lived up to any of his campaign promises. He has taken credit for much he didn't do! And taken no credit for what he has done.
Post Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:44 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

That's pretty normal, Ted. How long has Granholm been blaming Engler?

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:58 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

quote:
That's pretty normal, Ted. How long has Granholm been blaming Engler?

And rightly so. However, the Next four years is all on the Grandmole!

The difference with Don is he was handed everything. THe Streets waiting to get paved. Money already allocated. A Balanced Budget Thanks to the City Council who he demonised. Which here again. The City Council Fought this budget! It is the mayor's Budget 100 Percent. If there is a issue or a problem with it. Whose fault is it? What amount of responsibility should the City COuncil take. How much should the Mayor take. My guess, based on the Mayor's Track Record is to create a issue that doesn't exisist Like he did before with Giving City council their back pay then turn around and sream they are stealing your money!

It's the Don's Modisoperndi.

Only I'm betting this time the Council has learned well enough not to accept anything from him. Hey, he created his perdicament! People are refusing to work with him because he cannot be trusted. No one to blame but himself.
Post Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:30 pm 
last time here

now THATS the ted i know. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Evil or Very Mad

Post Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:51 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

quote:
last time here schreef:
now THATS the ted i know. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Evil or Very Mad
Twisted Evil
Post Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:25 am 
last time here

i wonder if all the negativity is designed.

folks not showing up for work.
economical problems.
back biting & name calling.

this same thing happened to stanley..
continuous relentless pressure. this almost
appears to be an internal revolt of sorts.

i hope williamson is not letting this crap get into his being.

Post Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:18 am 
Josh Freeman
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Ted Jankowski schreef:
What amount of responsibility should the City COuncil take. How much should the Mayor take.

They, the Council, deserve equal blame. We need more than talk. If you do nothing to fix the problem.. then you are part of the problem.
Post Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:56 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: