FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Thought I would share this.

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Al Garcia
F L I N T O I D

Column done on my family in the Portland (Maine) Press Herald.

http://pressherald.mainetoday.com/story.php?id=166399&ac=

Post Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:32 pm 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

It's people like you and your wife that make this world a better place for children that are scared and alone, you have courage and gumption.

With the way the economy is it's only going to get worse for the families that are abusing their children, they will have the added stress of money and trying to find a job. It's cyclical and taking money out of the foster care program will hurt even more.

Don't know what to say, can you contact your local rep and ask him if he can read a letter in front of the legislature, when it's his turn?

Post Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:28 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

What a wonderful way to live your life I wish the best for you and yours. Twotap Very Happy

Post Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:42 am 
Al Garcia
F L I N T O I D

thanks for the support. Yes, Ive been in contact with state legislative members and the Governor as well.
We will fight the fight until the vote this spring.
Services and programs for our most vulnerable kids are whats at risk here. Residental care is really the only other alternative, often at 4 or 5 times the cost to taxpayers then foster placements. A state DHHS Offical even told me that if 10% of Maine children if foster homes were turned back, the state of Maine would have a major major placement crisis.
I have been the Director of 3 different rsidential programs including a program for our most sexually aggresive children. There are not enough residential beds right now. Much less when some of our most challenging kids that are in foster homes are returned.
Once again.....thanks for the support from back home.

Post Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:59 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: