FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: No leftist leanings on campus?????
Goto page Previous  1, 2
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Public D
F L I N T O I D

>> http://www.mlive.com/news/flintjournal/index.ssf?/base/news-48/1201098078198150.xml&coll=5#continue

Labor experts to discuss impact of UAW contract

Hometown Headlines
FLINT
THE FLINT JOURNAL FIRST EDITION
Wednesday, January 23, 2008
By Beata Mostafavi
Journal Staff Writer

FLINT - Two organized labor speakers will talk Friday about the political and economic implications of the UAW's recent contract with General Motors.

Jerry Tucker, founder of the Center for Labor Renewal, and Stanley Aronowitz, sociology professor at City University of New York, will speak at 3 p.m. in the University of Michigan-Flint's University Center, Michigan Room D.

The free lecture will focus on the union's agreement to take responsibility for administering members' health benefits through a VEBA (Voluntary Employees' Beneficiary Association).
Post Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:53 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Demeralda schreef:
What factual history. Heh, there's no such thing.

I'd quit worrying about what/how professors give their money, and start worrying about how corporate superstars and masters of the universe subvert the political process.

You could list 100 colleges in America with "liberal" staff and it still doesn't make it so. And, by the way, the contested piece of information was not that someone is liberal, it was the number of SELF-PROFESSED liberals. That was the claim made here, and I still don't believe it.

Those "corporate superstars" provide l living to a LOT of people. Without businesses, where would people earn their living, government handouts?

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:23 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Demeralda
F L I N T O I D

They provide the best living to themselves.

It's not anti-business to want corruption and rape-for-profit to end in the highest levels of corporate America. They can have their business, and I'm happy for them to make money at it. But why do they need to make 1,250 times what a mid-level manager would make? Their work is not worth 1,250 times to the top or bottom line. Most times, they are happy to take credit for forces way beyond their contribution to the company.
Post Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:58 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

One thing you forgot to mention wall street and the big corporations arent taking parents tuition money and trying to convert their kids into some limpwristed treehuggin liberal. Laughing

Post Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:48 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Not to mention raising tuition when they have huge endowment funds.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:39 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Demeralda
F L I N T O I D

Last time I checked, college was elective Wink No one forces those parents to pay those institutions, nor for the children to attend.

If someone actually believes that their children are so weak-minded and weak-willed that one liberal prof can "brainwash" the kids, then I suggest they send them to Bob Jones or that other poser school (the name escapes me).

As John Stuart Mill put it, "Not all conservatives are stupid, but all stupid people are conservative." There's a reason that higher education tends to be correlated with openmindedness -- that's what education IS!
Post Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:52 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Bob Jones or that other poser school (the name escapes me).

Berkley?? Laughing Laughing Laughing

quote:
There's a reason that higher education tends to be correlated with openmindedness -- that's what education IS!

As long as that openmindedness does not include any right winger philosphy being introduced into the classroom or disagreeing with some Marxist inspired prof it is.

quote:
As John Stuart Mill put it, "Not all conservatives are stupid, but all stupid people are conservative."

Jeez ya left out "Red state red neck white male" a term I learned just recently on this forum. Laughing :lol
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John Stewart Mills sounds like a conservative himself cause this sure aint the liberal philosphy nowdays.
quote:
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.[4] Very Happy

Post Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:55 am 
last time here

demeralda Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

damn 2tap!!!! smoked again by WOMAN POWER!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:37 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:
demeralda

damn 2tap!!!! smoked again by WOMAN POWER!!!

Easy LT the war aint over yet. Laughing http://www.winningthefuture.net/?offer=NEWT101

Last edited by twotap on Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:10 am; edited 2 times in total

Post Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:52 am 
last time here

aw jeeees!!! ann coulter?? Silenced

you know dude, the longer you use the word GALS,
they'll be on your butt bigtime!!!!!!!!! git with the program!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:22 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: