FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Senate debate

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
rapunzel

Jack Minore said last week in a debate that he does not attend local military funerals because he doesn't want to politicize them - such as John Gleason does. Boy, was he right...Gleason stood right outside the door at Brandon Webb's funeral as people left to shake their hands and to introduce himself...That's AWFUL and i hope people remember the way he is in August.
Post Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:26 am 
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

quote:
rapunzel schreef:
Jack Minore said last week in a debate that he does not attend local military funerals because he doesn't want to politicize them - such as John Gleason does. Boy, was he right...Gleason stood right outside the door at Brandon Webb's funeral as people left to shake their hands and to introduce himself...That's AWFUL and i hope people remember the way he is in August.

Well if we started excluding every politician who pushed the envelope of good taste when pursuing votes...we'd have darn few people to vote for.

as for me....

I don't know to what extent if any, Mr Gleason had permission or awarness of his actions with the family, but it does sound very crass if he "set up shop" to glad hand voters simply because the opportunity presented itself. Still I daresay I could probably find some action on each candidates part that would shock my sensibilities...

So while I put that into the mix...who would be an effective representative?

Minore, Gleason, Clack, Curtis all have experience in government....therefore all they have their supporters and detractors. At least with them, one can look back at their past performance and extrapolate what they might be getting in the future. Patsy Lou is still an enigma to me. I have yet to see her say anything on any issues to form an opinion. And her handlers might be doing that on purpose. I've never found her advertising performances all that inspiring...but thats a different criterion too.

Frankly, I am not aware of the demographics of the district, but IF there is a sizeable VOTING African-American community, I could see the 4 white candidates splitting the white/suburban vote and Clack getting elected regardless who would be the best candidate....anyone have insight into the demographics/voter activity of the district?
Post Thu Jul 06, 2006 5:04 pm 

Gleason is your typical DemocRAT !
Post Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:13 pm 

The race is between John Gleason and Patsy Lou Williamson.

Clack may affect some PLW support in some areas of the city and certain townships, but PLW's name id is tremendous throughout the entire district. This is probably going to be enough for an election night victory. The generousity of this lady is incredible. She is very well liked throughout the Genesee County area. And, people see her on TV everyday through her dealership advertising.

John Gleason's support comes from many organizations that want something in return. Some people don't want a person that is part of the " Good 'ole Boy Network ". But he is well liked in certain areas. His problem is the district he currently represents is only 10% - 15% of the Senate district. It should be an interesting race.
Post Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:12 am 
Adam

On a bright note. For the side that actually gave us GM and jobs. There's a slight chance that I might still be allowed to advertise in the Flint Journal for my internet business after I jump through the hoops. Although we are heading towards another difficult year I think we might be able to pick up one or two seats. Hopefully in a few years the Republicans can restore what the democrats have destroyed. It is fortunate that we had Republicans like Henry Crapo Flint's Republican mayor and governor who's grandson gave thousands of jobs to Democrats. Without Charles Stewart Mott another Republican mayor of Flint we would not have Mott college and many other things his millions of dollars helped fund. Although democrats may not have a clue about job creation and almost always vote against businesses like car manufacturers (Gm) With 40 people we can cover every precinct in Flint. Hopefully some of these volunteers will come from the Devos campaign. For the others please contact http://www.geneseegop.org/page_1.html (810) 235-5014 is the number.

Looking ahead. Next time around for candidate forums I will do my best to make sure it is the democrats that are outnumbered. Democrat Debra Cherry helped me figure out who I was missing to run with us this time around. I appreciate her unknowing contribution for the future of the Genesee county Republican party.
Post Fri Jul 07, 2006 1:28 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: