FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Is Clinton using subtle Racism against Obama?

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Adam
F L I N T O I D

http://www.townhall.com/columnists/MikeGallagher/2008/01/11/the_clintons_play_dirty_--_and_the_media_lets_them?page=full&comments=true

Dick Morris is a political genius.

When everyone scoffed at the prospect of Hillary Clinton wanting to run for President, he was the one person who repeatedly said it was going to happen.

Supporters cheer as Democratic presidential hopeful Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, D-N.Y., takes the stage in Manchester, N.H., Tuesday, Jan. 8, 2008, after her Democratic primary win in the state.(AP Photo/Jim Cole) And just this past week, he made a prediction about Hillary’s New Hampshire campaign that appeared to be chillingly accurate.

Last Sunday evening on Fox News Channel, Morris said: “I think that what she is going to do is she is going to say Obama is unelectable, Americans won’t elect him, he can’t beat the Republican Party, America is not ready for Obama, he doesn’t have the experience to win, and what she is going to mean is that they won’t vote for an African-American, but she won’t say it. She’ll say everything but, but that’s what she means.”

As if on cue, THE VERY NEXT MORNING, Sen. Clinton appeared on NBC’s Today Show and talked about the choice that voters were faced with in New Hampshire. She said the following: “When they say to themselves, OK, I have a choice between a truly inspirational speaker (Obama) who has not done the kind of spade work with the sort of experience that another candidate has…”

Spade work. That’s some choice of words for a black political opponent, no?

http://www.townhall.com/columnists/MikeGallagher/2008/01/11/the_clintons_play_dirty_--_and_the_media_lets_them?page=full&comments=true[/url]
Post Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:10 pm 
last time here

"spade" Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
i just love this place! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

no, i don't consider her words coincidental. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:28 pm 
Opprimo
F L I N T O I D

quote:
last time here schreef:
"spade" Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
i just love this place! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

no, i don't consider her words coincidental. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Well, usually I would blow this off, but considering the source.. There is nothing about the Clinton Empire that is coincidental, from Real Estate dealings, to sweet deals now for payola later, to crocodile tears... every move they make is plotted and graphed. I find it hard to believe they would sink to subtle name-calling when dropping the race card as a tactic.

Anyone who would respond to racial oriented name calling like this & say to themselves "I'm not voting for Obama because Clinton pointed out that he is black by dropping the word spade in a sentence." Is already of the frame of mind they are not going to vote for Obama because he is black.

What this does, along with Bill's tirade and quick recant, is tells me there is real fear in the Clinton camp. I wonder who they promised what in order to show this much fear this early in the race....

as a secondary thought, I wonder if Bill's "fairy tale" comment was to mean that Obama is too pretty to be straight? Very Happy

Post Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:39 pm 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

Much ado about nothing. Read the rest of the author's column not quoted above.
Post Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:02 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

I don't think there's any limit to how low Shillary would stoop to be elected.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:47 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
last time here

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
opp!!! i hadn't thought about THAT ONE!!! Laughing Laughing

honestly, it's kinda funny in a sickening way that people can
be persuaded by the use of code words and suggestivity...

i hope the majority of voters are aware of the intent of certain
media and politicians. who knows???? Confused Confused Confused Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:47 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: