FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: On a more thankful note.

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Well, I must say thank you to Don Williamson. I'll even put it in a letter and send it off to him. Going back as far as I remember when I lived on Missouri Ave back in 1976. My grandmothers street had a pot hole at the corner of Franklin and Missouri Ave. So for Thirty years. No one has bothered to fix it completely. It appears that it has been fixed as they have completely repaved the whole street. They Even cleaned out the storm drain in front of my Grandmother's house. Putting in new grates and rebuilding the curb. It's been a bit slow from start to finish, as the hole in front of her house still needs to be filled in. However, this is lightening speed when put into comparison to how long this street has been a problem. I've been frustrated with the paving plan as I've seen streets that were perfectly fine being paved and those that needed it overlooked. I can see now that the ones that were overlooked. Are being identified and repaired. Oh and Broadway, sure is a lot nicer to drive down now also.

Thanks Don and the City of Flint workers.
Post Mon Jun 26, 2006 12:48 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Adam Ford
F L I N T O I D

I saw the mayor on the news today. He did pretty well. He was checking into some sewage problems where sewage was backing up into people's houses. I just wish crime was going down and jobs were coming in and not leaving. Even though it may not really even matter it does make a difference to people when a public official comes out to check on them when they are having a problem.

How can we get a copy of the paving plan? I'm curious if my street is on it.
Post Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:01 pm 
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Adam Ford schreef:
I saw the mayor on the news today. He did pretty well. He was checking into some sewage problems where sewage was backing up into people's houses. I just wish crime was going down and jobs were coming in and not leaving. Even though it may not really even matter it does make a difference to people when a public official comes out to check on them when they are having a problem.

How can we get a copy of the paving plan? I'm curious if my street is on it.

Adam,

be careful...if you are running against him or Patsy Lou, he'll try to pave your street while YOU are on it!

Good luck with your campaign.

biggie
Post Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:32 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: