FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: I am weeping.

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Opprimo
F L I N T O I D

Ok, Open season on the new guy:

I just read, where my candidate, is going to make me eat my words, hang my head, and simply have to take some apparently well deserved abuse. I still have hopes his campaign folks will come to their senses and fix this tragic error in judgment, but if they don't...

So here's the story if you haven't found it yet:

A few days ago, I lambasted Huckabee for crossing the picket lines and appearing on the Jay Leno show. Jay himself is now under investigation and may face fines etc as he is a member of the writer's union and returning to his show Sad Well tonight, my candidate, apparently has announced he will also cross a picket line to appear on this scab's show Monday night, I am outraged. My only defense before you dish your well-deserved abuse upon me is this copy of the letter I sent the official campaign.

quote:

I find this is the first time I have had to take a negative position on Dr. Ron Paul or Any of his moves thus far in the campaign. I am VERY disappointed with his, and his official campaign managers allowing themselves to be associated with a Scab like Jay Leno. I understand the need for national exposure, but at what cost will this be. I personally will have to eat my words on several message boards after berating other candidates for their choices to appear on these shows who are receiving more negative media coverage than positive. I don't think the national campaign understands the difficulty selling Dr. Ron Paul to union members in Michigan when crossing a picket line will be tops of their list of reasons to not support Dr. Paul... I would URGE you to reconsider appearing on Jay Leno and tarnishing your unparalleled reputation as a squeaky clean candidate who stands behind their morals and ideals.

I am secure enough in my masculinity to take my lumps, and apparently I have em coming...

/me hangs his head...

Let the lambasting begin.

Post Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:44 am 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

****crickets chirping*******

You can't tie a ball and chain to anyone's feet.

(Did I do okay? I finally met my quota of nice and mushy quotes for the month.....whew) Smile Smile Smile Smile

Post Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:00 am 
FlintConservative
F L I N T O I D

Ok...so let me see if I understand. Anyone crossing the picket line is a scab.

Jay Leno, Jimmy Kimmel, Conan O'Brien go back to work, they're scabs. Anyone who goes on their show is a scab. Huckabee: scab. Ron Paul: scab.

David Lettermen "strikes a deal" with his writers. They, with him, go back to work (which really makes them all scabs).

Hillary goes on Letterman but she's not a scab.

Oh yeah, I forgot, if you're a Democrat that makes you anointed and you're exempt from the rules.

Kinda reminds me of all my union Democrat friends that go to Wal*Mart every weekend.

Can you say "hypocrite?"

BUY AMERICAN!!!
Post Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:46 am 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

I'm also disappointed if this proves to be true. I try not to even watch Leno in support of the union workers.

I still think Ron Paul is the best candidate but I'm not sure he has the best campaign team.

Post Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:18 am 
Opprimo
F L I N T O I D

quote:
FlintConservative schreef:
Ok...so let me see if I understand. Anyone crossing the picket line is a scab.

Jay Leno, Jimmy Kimmel, Conan O'Brien go back to work, they're scabs. Anyone who goes on their show is a scab. Huckabee: scab. Ron Paul: scab.

David Lettermen "strikes a deal" with his writers. They, with him, go back to work (which really makes them all scabs).

Hillary goes on Letterman but she's not a scab.

Oh yeah, I forgot, if you're a Democrat that makes you anointed and you're exempt from the rules.

Kinda reminds me of all my union Democrat friends that go to Wal*Mart every weekend.

Can you say "hypocrite?"

BUY AMERICAN!!!

Good points all FC. but... The only difference w/ lettermen is that he owns his shows, met w/ the unions (Agreed to their offer) and signed paperwork in order to make the agreement with the union Now the ethics question falls into play to his writers if they should return to work while their brothers are still on strike simply because Dave's little mini-company gave in to the union's demands... Me personally, I see both sides of the argument there. I do think however that the majority of our union workers see Lettermen's writer's at the very least, as scabs...

Oh, and on Billary... "Scab" would have been the nicest thing I've called her in 6 months...

Post Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:23 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Oh, and on Billary... "Scab" would have been the nicest thing I've called her in 6 months...

How about open oozing scab. Shocked
I believe the Who had a song"Cant you see the real me" sort of whats happening to the queen and her coronation. Laughing Laughing
Post Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:51 am 
Opprimo
F L I N T O I D

quote:
twotap schreef:

quote:

I believe the Who had a song"Cant you see the real me" sort of whats happening to the queen and her coronation. Laughing Laughing

I think she should follow in the footsteps of her predecessors...

Queen Anne Boleyn maybe? muhahaha

Post Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:25 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
twotap schreef:

quote:

Oozing pustule?

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:28 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: