FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Tear It Down Mentality!

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Flint tears them down, others keep them...

http://www.forsakenplaces.com/

Post Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:19 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
last time here

speaking of the tear it down mentality. i took a nice walk today and
went around the clark school building. i noticed the date 1912 on the
front. my grandad, dad and i went there. as i walked around it i could
see the sky while looking into the third floor windows. the roof has partially
collapsed!!! another good one gone..i'd sure like to take walk inside
before it totally dies. ahhhh memories... Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Post Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:58 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

I wonder what ever happened to Cook elementary on Welch Blvd. Thats where I started my educational experience.

Post Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:14 pm 
last time here

it's still there 2tap. i was inside that building last year. i was in the mechanical room. it has fairly new boilers inside and although i never went upstairs, it appeared sound. i could feel the history inside.

Post Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:21 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Thanks LT. anyone remember the little store across the street and the guy that used to come there and demonstrate yo yos along with selling them.

Post Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:58 pm 
last time here

OH NO!!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing i remember that
guy coming to the michigan theater with his yo-yo tricks...damn, i had
forgot about him!!!!! that was a big deal too!!!!! prayer prayer Dancing
he was THE MAN!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post Sun Dec 23, 2007 1:08 pm 
Deena
F L I N T O I D

There's an old school very like those around here in Imlay City converted to condos---and an old hospital that is the spitting image of St. Joe's in Minneapolis also condos. There's so much that could be done---with a progressive mentality.
Post Sun Dec 23, 2007 1:12 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Anyone remember Johnnie's, across from the old Northern on McClellan, or Jerry's Emerson Inn on Pasadena? Jerry's was where the ice cream push carts on the north end came from. You got 2 cents for every ice cream bar sold.

Or when Flint Journal routes were so coveted they were sold by the carrier for as much as $100.00? I subbed on the route from Alexander to Iroquois on Dartmouth when the regular carrier was on vacation & got $35.00 a week. Big money in the 50's.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Sun Dec 23, 2007 3:23 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
last time here

i could never get a journal over here. i did the free press. Crying or Very sad

Post Sun Dec 23, 2007 3:26 pm 
Deena
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:
Anyone remember Johnnie's, across from the old Northern on McClellan, or Jerry's Emerson Inn on Pasadena? Jerry's was where the ice cream push carts on the north end came from. You got 2 cents for every ice cream bar sold.

Or when Flint Journal routes were so coveted they were sold by the carrier for as much as $100.00? I subbed on the route from Alexander to Iroquois on Dartmouth when the regular carrier was on vacation & got $35.00 a week. Big money in the 50's.

My son had a great route. He peddled papers to the rooms and machines at St. Joe's hospital. He made good money and never had to collect. Kids hated collecting. The worst was when my younger son and daughter split a route when they were quite young---maybe 11 and 12. My son was a good paperboy, my daughter was a lazy papergirl. SHE, however, got great tips---she was cute as all get out with long blonde braids and a winning grin. Finally had to make the rule that they not only split their profits, they ALSO had to split their tips. Smile
Post Sun Dec 23, 2007 4:40 pm 
last time here

bet that made you popular for a good 3 months!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post Sun Dec 23, 2007 8:25 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: