FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: immigration?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
last time here

ha ha ha ha..i do that in flint!!!! Laughing Laughing

Post Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:21 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

We are pretty much sheltered from the havoc caused by the huge influx of lawbreakers but folks in border towns are getting it first hand. Who says an illegal cant be both that and a methhead. Excellent advice Dave I have and I do. Shocked Sort of off topic but I read on one of the others forums I frequent that the Mall where the latest nutcase did his thing was a gun free zone that did not allow even legal CPL holders to carry. Well that worked out real well as folks hid or huddled under tables while it took cops 6 minutes to arrive on scene. My wife and myself refuse to be a victim and dont intend on getting "kilt" for lack of shooting back. Mad

Post Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:23 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:
ha ha ha ha..i do that in flint!!!!

I would think any sane person living in no.3 would do the same. Shocked Laughing

Post Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:27 pm 
last time here

well, actually i don't carry a weapon. i've never been in a situation in which
i needed to. i may one day get a permit but, i can talk my way out of
trouble........

i do however have a home security weapon. Cool

Post Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:23 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Nice moves, LT. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:14 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
twotap
F L I N T O I D

LT, dont forget its better to have a weapon and not need it than to need a weapon and not have it. Very Happy Idea I believe my avatar has much better moves than LT. Wink Laughing Laughing

Post Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:22 am 
last time here

actually dave, he dances better than i do!!! Mad Mad Mad

Post Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:01 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Criminal Alien Statistics

The criminal alien problem is growing.
Criminal aliens—non-citizens who commit crimes—are a growing threat to public safety and national security, as well as a drain on our scarce criminal justice resources. In 1980, our federal and state prisons housed fewer than 9,000 criminal aliens. By the end of 1999, these same prisons housed over 68,000 criminal aliens.1 Today, criminal aliens account for over 29 percent of prisoners in Federal Bureau of Prisons facilities and a higher share of all federal prison inmates.2 These prisoners represent the fastest growing segment of the federal prison population. Over the past five years, an average of more than 72,000 aliens have been arrested annually on drug charges alone. New issue paper.

Continued illegal immigration aggravates the problem.
Despite the Border Patrol making over one million apprehensions last year, they estimate they miss two or more illegal bordercrossers for every apprehension. Most enter for short periods, but there is an estimated net increase of about 300,000 a year from illegal bordercrossers who stay. An additional net increase of 200,000 comes from people who enter legally as nonimmigrants and then violate their status. Among the alien federal prisoners, over half (55 percent) were illegally in the United States at the time of their conviction.

Administering justice to criminal aliens costs the taxpayer dearly.
Incarceration of criminal aliens cost an estimated $624 million to state prisons (1999) and $891 million to federal prisons (2002), according to the most recent available figure from the Bureau of Justice Statistics.

The New York State Senate Committee on Cities estimates that the annual criminal justice costs for criminal aliens in New York is $270 million. The Committee has called for a national moratorium on immigration to help alleviate this problem.3 According to the Illinois Governor’s Office, Illinois spends over $40 million just on the incarceration of criminal aliens. The cost to Florida’s judicial and correction system for criminal aliens was $73 million in 1993. 4 In 1988, there were 5,500 illegal immigrants in California’s prisons. By fiscal year 1994- 1995, that is estimated to have increased to more than 18,000 illegal immigrants in state prisons—a three-fold increase. California taxpayers have spent over a billion dollars in the last five years to keep these convicted felons in prison, and the FY 9495 cost of incarcerating these offenders exceeded $375 million.5 The federal government has begun to reimburse heavily alien-impacted states for some of the costs of illegal alien prisoners in their state prisons. For 1996, Congress appropriated $300 million for this program.

Many criminal aliens are released into our society to commit crimes again.
Too often, criminal aliens are not identified in local and state jails, the INS is not informed of their presence, detention facilities are not available when they are released, they fail to report for deportation, or they return to the United States after deportation. In March 2000, Congress made public Department of Justice statistics showing that, over the previous five years, the INS had released over 35,000 criminal aliens instead of deporting them. Over 11,000 of those released went on to commit serious crimes, over 1,800 of which were violent ones (including 98 homicides, 142 sexual assaults, and 44 kidnappings). In 2001, thanks to a decision by the Supreme Court, the INS was forced to release into our society over 3,000 criminal aliens (who collectively had been convicted of 125 homicides, 387 sex offenses, and 772 assault charges).6

Post Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:51 pm 
last time here

hey 2tap, i don't doubt your statistics at all....

it's certainly a problem that needs to be addressed.
of course, those are also votes!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:52 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

I believe you are finally beginning to see the light. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing At least we agree on this. Very Happy

Post Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:26 pm 
last time here

oh god..i better call rosie o'donnell Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Post Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:20 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: