FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Part Time City Council

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

I know many disagree with me. but I still think a Council half the size and full time would do better for Flint. I was watching the council meeting and Mr. Dumas got up and railed on Erhen Gonzales for not putting the Citizens of Flint first over his job at Ford.

Did anyone else find that a bit odd? Considering he was working his full time job at Ford instead of interviewing possible Ombudsman candidates? While never once mentioning all the candidates that left the interviews to go to the announcement of Patsy Lou running for office?

Personally, Mr. Gonzales being at work was a legitimate reason for not being at the Interviews. HOWEVER! Leaving them to go to a political event (where they are not even needed, I'm sure Patsy could have made the announcement without them being there) was such an obvious dismissal of the peoples’ trust, of Council to do their jobs. Which could be interpreted by this citizen to be blatant elitism, perpetrated onto the public by our elected officials.

Anyone think there might be some racism involved there? As to why Mr. Dumas didn’t find it a problem that Buchanan and Poplar left and that was just fine with him?
Post Sun May 14, 2006 6:53 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Adam

Mr. Dumas definately ticked me off. I definately plan to "educate" him on some things at the next meeting. I think this next council meeting should be my favorite. Maybe if Flint was up to date like Gonzalez we wouldn't be in as bad a position. I hear Ehren's dad is also great.

I don't think I would call it very serious racism. I think Mr. Dumas didn't have anything better to talk about. Although if he knew the story it seems like he would have ripped on Buchanan.

The Flint NAACP doesn't have a website. I think this is outdated. If Flint black people are outdated like the Flint chapter of the NAACP they won't be getting jobs that are only posted online.

I also have an issue with the NAACP's support of Abortion. Dead black people can't vote. The lady that founded planned parenthood is a flaming racist and they conveniently locate their abortion mills in black areas like the Beecher district. From what I have heard the black population has gone down thanks to abortions. Why would the NAACP support this? Maybe they can get abortion funding from the KKK. Oh wait maybe this already happens behind the scenes.
Post Mon May 15, 2006 6:30 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Adam, I don't know how long you've been in Flint. I remember Mr. Dumas standing before the former City Council making excellent Point after point. Then at the end of this outstanding dissertation. Point the blame on Racism.

Here, I am thinking this guy really has it together. He sees the same things I see. He sees the injustice to all the citizens of Flint. Then totally destroys his credibility by playing the race card. Even when the person he claims is being the racist is more of a minority than he is.

I was just fishing to see if anyone else picked up on his selective disgust with only CERTAIN people of another color.

The rules apply to all. Whether Black, White, Hispanic, or Arab. We should all be held to same standards. If your going to condemn one person for doing something. Condemn the ones that had more of an opportunity to be there. Don't just pick and choose because of race. This is something I don't see Mr. Mayes ever doing. I’ve watched as Eric will mention race. But as of yet, I haven't seen one instance where he was wrong. I've seen many examples where Mr. Dumas plays the "Race Card" and he was completely off base in his accusation.
Post Mon May 15, 2006 7:43 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
rapunzel

EDIT BY MODERATOR
COMMENT MOVED TO:
http://www.flinttalk.com/viewtopic.php?p=1921#1921
Post Mon May 15, 2006 11:26 pm 
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

This is starting to look like mlive. Take a little time and start a new topic.

I will do it for you.
Post Tue May 16, 2006 12:00 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
GuestII

EDIT BY MODERATOR
COMMENT MOVED TO:
Post Tue May 16, 2006 8:01 am 
rapunzel

EDIT BY MODERATOR
COMMENT MOVED TO:
Post Tue May 16, 2006 1:11 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >